33.

I looked in the mirror. The person I am looking at is handsome and glowing but in his eyes there is no happiness for the event to come.

The mirror never lies so I guess I'm not happy and I'm not a hundred percent in to this marriage as everyone else.

I could not call it off at the last minute. I could not take that look out of their eyes. The pride and the happiness. I guess I can sacrifice myself so they can be but what about my happiness. Will I ever be happy?

I don't think I'll ever be. I can't let them see me like this do I practice my fake happy smile in the mirror but am afriad that my eyes won't do the same.

Grooms like me always get cold feet at this hour but I'm not having cold feet. I just don't want to get married to the wrong person. But I won't be a coward and leave my bride standing alone at the alter.

I'm a man and doing that I won't be. I would just be a fool that don't know how to deal with his problem. I don't run from my problems I take them head on and I am going to go through with this.

I pep talk myself in my head to work up the courage to do this. I know I can do it but I think I will need the extra boost.

"Hey man it's time." My best man told me. I took a deep breath and left the room to get hitched.

Crystal POV

Earlier before

I sighed turning around in circles looking at my empty house. The house that I have occupied since I left my parents house after nailing myself a job.

I have so much good memories here. With my friends and family. I had so much get together here and even small parties. I could see a full house until everything disappeared.

I'm really going to miss this place but I can always make more memories like the ones that I made here or maybe better. The new memories are always better than the last right?

I really don't know but I bet I'll make better ones with my family now.

"Crystal are you sure about this? It's not too late to change your mind." I turned around to see Cassie looking at me with a small hopeful look. I'm sorry that I am going to be the one to crush that small hope she has but I have been telling her for the past two days that I'm doing this.

"Cassie we been through this for two days. You help me pack, you tell me this will be good for me but now you want me to stay and you know I can't do that." I said walking over to her.

"I know." She bend her neck to hold her head down so I won't see that disappointed look on her face but I already did. "I'm going to miss you."

"I know you will. I will miss you too Cassie but I have to do this. I'll call you once I land... I'll call you everyday just make sure you always pick up the phone because if you don't I'll take a flight back and beat your ass out of your phone if you don't answer my calls." She laughed and I joined in.

We both laughed until we started crying. We embrace each other. I don't know why we started crying but we did. I could blame it on the pregnancy but what could be her reason.

"Shit. I messed up my make-up. Now I'm going to have to do it over. I know why you are such an emotional bitch but I don't get why I am crying." She said pulling away sniffing and wiping at her eyes.

I did the same. "Yeah you've gone soft on me." I said giggling.

"Shut up it was just a moment of weakness." That earned her an eye roll and a smile.

"It's a good thing I was here to witness your moment of weakness cause it's going into the book."

"Ugh forget about that and help me fix my make up." She took up her purse heading to the bathroom. I shake my head and follow behind her.