34.

Ethan POV

I was standing at the alter scanning the crowd but I couldn't see who I was looking for. I didn't expect not to see her at the wedding. I was thinking about to step down and ask around if anyone as seen her of if she was at the wedding.

I didn't have much time to put that in to action when the doors opened and the music started to play. I looked to the door see her sister standing in the doorway. She looked beautiful but not as beautiful as my Crystal. No one is as beautiful as my Crystal.

I felt bad for doing this to her but I couldn't frown so I smiled. The smile wasn't a genuine smile. It wasn't that smile when a groom saw his beautiful bride walking down the aisle to him. It wasn't the smile to say I am happy that I am going to get married to that woman walking towards me.

It was just a practice smile so the crowd will not questions why the groom doesn't look happy or why is he frowning when he is getting married isn't she the one. I don't want them to murmur and question. I want the to beam to see a loving and young couple showing their love for each other by getting married.

I was getting nervous when she cake closer to the alter but I swallowed it and smiled brighter. I relaxed myself and stretch my hand forth so she could take it and step up to stand in front of me. When she was closer I kissed her on the cheek and whispered. "You look beautiful." She smiled softly and we both turned to face the priest. I could hear when the people were sitting down as their clothes shuffles.

I wanted to turn around and look again to see if I could spot her in the crowd but I forced myself to stay facing forward. It wasn't easy trust me the urge was strong.

Instead I turned to look at her. I smiled when I realized she was looking at me. She smiled and faced the priest again and then I did too.

Then those words come and I tense. I am allowed to tense. Every groom as a right when they here those words surely I am not alone. I don't know why I am tense I don't think anyone is oppose to this wedding if they were they wouldn't have wasted their time attending or they here to humiliate me.

"If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." The priest spoke and the church became so silent I could hear my heart and if a pin was dropped in that moment you could hear it too.

We both turned around to face everyone. Like us everyone was looking around for any red flags. Someone cleared their throat and my head whipped to the nose.

When I realized it was just an old man. I faced my bride or you could say my wife and smiled. And that's when I least expect it.

"I object!" Someone shouted. The voice was deep. I turned around so fast I almost lost my balance. I wanted to see who was bold enough to object to this union.

I was surprised to see Mr Scott but it didn't stop there. No it didn't. I was surprised no I was shocked. I was feeling all sorts of feelings. I am mostly confused.

"I also object!" That was a female this time then another.

"I too object." The voice wasn't far from the female. I turned and I was once again surprised. It was Cassie Crystal's best friend and her boyfriend but why is he objecting why is he even here?

The question is where is Crystal? The once quiet church was filled with murmurs and whispers.

"What is the meaning of all of this?" It was Mrs Scott that asked that question. That's what I wanted to know too. I wanted to voice but I stayed quiet.

"I'll explain to you later darling but this young man can't marry my daughter." Mr Scott turned to his wife but that wasn't enough to soothe her. It only made it worse as she shouted in the almost quiet church.