20.

It was exhausting going through all of this again. I think it's a sign to them both that they shouldn't get married.

She's indecisive, now mother has to take over and she's dragging me along to everything and I can't say no to her.

She wanted me to be one of the bridesmaids but I told her I don't want to be one for two reasons.

I'm pregnant and am pretty sure any bridesmaids dress they choose would be a little too tight for my growing stomach and lastly I couldn't stand so close to them as they become one and say their vows.

I can't be that close when they are professing their love to each other. It's already hard for me to see them together and I don't think I could handle being that close to him when I know that I am losing him.

I was once out with my mother helping her with a wedding I don't want to be part of and i was glad that we were taking a break and I was really hungry.

"What?" I asked with food in my mouth. My mother as been watching me since we eat down to eat like she is trying to figure me out.

She didn't answer as she continued to stare at me. She squinted her eyes and looked at me like she could see my soul through all the skin, flesh and bone. Could she? I lifted my right shoulder and continue to eat and let her stare.

"There is something different about you but I can't put my finger on." She said breaking the silence. "Yet."

"There's nothing different about me mother." I told her without looking up. I know she is looking at me with those eyes analyzing. She is trying to find something out of place but she will not because everything is in place. I only hope she can't see over, around and through my walls because that would be bad.

She was always good at finding out things I did especially when they are bad but lucky for me I didn't do anything.

I wonder how long I am going to able to hide it from everyone. I know in a couple more weeks or days there will be a slight rise of my stomach but will that rise be noticable. I doubt it though.

"Are you seeing someone new?" She asked out of the blue.

"What?! No." I said getting nervous and I hope she doesn't notice. She is starting the guessing game which is not good.

"So what is it then? You've been acting secretive and strange lately." She said tilting her head with a concentrated look on her face.

This not good. Not good. She is going to find out soon whether I tell her or not but I hope she doesn't.

Maybe I'll admit to the first accusation so she does not dig any deeper to find skeletons. I let out a sigh of defeat to convince the acting that I am going to do right now.

"Fine. His name is Shawn." I said giving her that defeated look to win her. She looked at me skeptically.

Keep calm don't blow you cover and wait for her to talk. "So why you hiding something like that?" She asked taking a sip of her tea.

"We haven't established what we are to each other yet and I didn't want to put it out there yet and I didn't want to get your hopes up thinking I am settling down." I explained fast but not too fast so she does not get suspicious.

She still had that look on her face showing me that she is still not convinced or was it my nerves. A smile spread across her face and I had to hold back the sigh of relief not to blow my cover.

"That's good to know. It's better than sleeping around like a..." She murmured around her cup but I heard her, I just ignored what she said since I was in the clear. For now? I thought.

I wonder how dad deals with keeping my secrets especially this one.

"I'll be right back." I told her making my way to the bathroom to do my business.

I got back to see my mother lost in her thoughts and I couldn't help but wonder what she was think about and it must be something because she has this look on her face.

"Let's go." I told her taking up my things and heading for the door.

I started to walk back to my car once we were outside but I didn't get far from the entrance when my mother called my name and I turned around to see what she wanted.

"I would like to meet this guy. Shawn." She told me.

To think I could get away without evidence was very stupid of me. I knew that this was coming but I was hoping it didn't at least not now after just mentioning him to her. I guess she is still not convinced. I wanted to let out a tired sigh but I don't.

"Mother I told you already about the situation. We haven't made it official yet." I said instead of the sigh.

"But I still want to meet him. How about tommorow night at dinner?"

I wanted to bang my head on something hard to knock myself out so I don't have to deal with this. This thing got me worked up more than I want to and it is taking too much of my energy thinking about what I should tell her so she doesn't know I am lying.

"Isn't tommorow night the night when the Black family is coming over for dinner?"

"Yes. What about it?" She asked.

"Nothing." Great. This makes it so much better. Please note that I'm being sarcastic 'cause this whole situation that I am in sucks. Now I'll have to think of something else.

If I don't show up without him she will know that I am lying. What about showing up with him? What will they do? Prove that I am not lying but what if everything falls apart.

"So I'll see you and this Shawn guy tommorow night." It was more of a statement than a question. I know if I don't show up with this Shawn guy that I am dating then there will be questions.

Will I be able to survive the night without this Shawn person by my side? No. I know that for sure. I know I would crack under all those questions but how long would I last.

Yeah my mother is like that. A detective who ask too many questions. Accuse you of a crime you did committed until you break or a crime you did not committed but you still break.

Now I'll have to find this Shawn guy, the suppose guy I am seeing in 30 hours. Thirty hours sounds like alot but it's not. How am I going to get this Shawn in just 30 hours?

Ugh.

Would it have been better to tell the truth? I bet if I did I would not have to have so much to do.

Did I make the right choice in not telling her? I know I did but I don't feel like I did. Would everything back fire on me? I hope not. I have enough to deal with. I have a pregnancy to hide and that's enough.

I sigh opened my car and got in. I don't want to stress. It's not good for my baby but I can't help if the stress level goes up a little. I'll just have to keep it at that level and I hope it stays there.

Now I have to go home and make a call. I know who my Shawn is going to be and now all I have to do is make a plan so this will work. Things always works out with a plan right?

Nothing could go wrong.

Right?

I can only hope and wait for that night.

A/N short chapters. I know but don't hate me. I'll try and make the next chapter longer.