17.

This is it. I thought as I reached for the door knob.

I opened the door and let myself in, giving myself enough time for myself because I know my mother will have alot of questions to why I have disappeared.

"Mom?" I called once I had the courage to.

"In here dear." She called back and from the sound of it she was probably in the living room.

In the living room was where my mother is, couple feet away from me. Couple feet too close. I don't think I can do this. I thought and the chicken in me come out but before I could think about it anymore I speed walk into the living room.

The scene in front of me was not what I expected.

I saw my mother figured from the side of my eye and before I could react i was engulfed in a hug.

I was shocked at first but hugged her nevertheless.

"I was so worried about you and I am glad that you called." My mother said still holding me in a hug.

"I'm sorry I worried you." I said holding onto her like any minute now she will disappear.

"I'm a mother, I'm your mother  and it's my responsibility to worry about you whether you want me to or not." She said letting go off of me to look me in the face. "I'm just glad you're not hurt." She said cupping my face and I lean into her touch.

Someone coughed reminding us that we weren't alone.

"I didn't know you had people over." I whispered smiling at the onlookers.

"I didn't. I called them over as soon as you called and they wanted to come over to see how you were doing." She told me and I only said an oh. "Is there something you wanted to talk to me about.?" She asked.

"No it's not that important anyway." I said brushing it off.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes I am sure." But she didn't seem convinced.

"Are you sure darling? We can go somewhere private to talk if it's a personal matter." She suggested.

"No it's fine. As I said before it's not important." I said nonchalantly. She still didn't seem that convinced.

"If it's about the kissing accident, we already know what it was about and we all know that it wasn't you fault." She whispered.

"What? You know." I said not believing what I just heard.

"We all know. Ethan explained the kissing to us and we understand." She said like I did nothing wrong. Like we did nothing wrong but the truth is we did. I can't help but wonder what he told them.

Maybe he told them that I was falling and he caught me just in time and our lips so happened to touch.

Maybe he told them he was drunk and he didn't know what he was doing.

Maybe he told them the magazine photo shop the picture.

There's alot of maybes and it could be any of them.

I didn't wanted to ask her what he said. I know if I did it would look like we both have two different stories to tell.

I wanted to stay longer but I don't feel like staying with the crowd and I still had thoughts going in and out of my head. I never expected to come over to see a room full of people. I only expected to see my mother and father.

I still can't leave without saying hi or bye to father. I did a scan of the crowd and I didn't see him. "Where is dad?" I asked my mother who was still standing in front of me.