5.

Work work work that's all I can do to keep my mind occupied but when there is no work to do the past few weeks and my action comes haunting me. I avoided any family gathering coming up with excuses I even reschedule going golfing with Dad and now I have to go golfing with him tomorrow and I know there will be alot of questions and that is what I am running from.

I read through the last file made any adjustments and whatnot to the content and put it with the others. I stood up from my seat walked to the window and just stared out to the busy streets. My thoughts was interrupted by the phone.

"Yes."

"Miss Scott there is someone here to see you." My assistant Becky said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"He said his name is Ethan."she answered after asking the person what is their name. I thought about telling her to tell him that I am in a meeting. I thought about why he is here and maybe he is here to have that talk we didn't have.

"Okay send him up." I finally gave her an answer. I fixed myself so I could look presentable.

There was a soft knock on the door taking a deep breath I said come in. "It's good to see you again Mr. Black." I said like we are going to discuss business but I know it is far from that.

"It's good to see you too Crystal." He said confused to why I addressed him like a business associate.

"It's Miss Scott to you sir. If you would please take your seat Mr Black so we can get this over with." He said nothing and did what I told him. He sat down without taking his eyes off me. "Now what can I help you with."

"You know why I am here Crys.. I mean Miss Scott. We need to deal with the issue." He said crossing his ankle over his knee leaning back in his chair.

"What issue? There is no issue. Could you explain this issue your talking about." I said watching him. He drops his foot and sat up straight.

"Don't play dumb Miss Scott you know what I am talking about or do you want me to refresh your memory of what business we have been doing and the issue that had created when we made that business deal." He said putting his elbow on my desk and rest his chin on his hand.

"By all means proceed." I said gesturing for him to continue.

"Do you remember February 23?" He asked getting up.

"What about it? I remember yes." I said clearing my throat when everything about that day came back to me.

"So you do remember the deal that we made then and the conflict it will create if we don't end that business deal?" He continued and I just nodded.

"I know and I understand that Mr Black and that's what I am trying to do but don't you think it will be hard seeing the circumstances that we are in. It is not easy to end such a business deal when in so deep." I whispered the last part.

"I feel the exact way. That's why I came up with the right plan so we both can keep the people around us happy and us happy." He said looking out the window and then at me.

"Go on am listening." I said watching him as he walks back to my desk.

"How about we keep this as our little secret? If no one knows no one will get hurt. What they doesn't won't kill them."

"You're not proposing that we..." I asked mortified that he would want to make such a deal.

"Indeed I am." He said turning my chair so I am facing him fully.

"I am not so sure of the idea of betraying the ones i love. It's not such a good idea and I don't see a reason why I should agree to it we don't know each other to be so selfish." I said looking him in the face. His smile never flutters or the confident look in his eyes.