10.

I left Cassie at the mall. I wanted to get this over with before my parents know or anyone so he can do his little magic and let the press forget about this little stunt they are doing and before they realize that I am the girl in the magazine.

I didn't need any permission to go to his office but his secretary had other ideas shouting at me that i can't go in there because he has company but I don't care if he has company this is important to me.

I stormed into his office and him and his company looked up at me in surprise. "Crystal what a surprise I wasn't expecting you to be here." He said smiling but I didn't return the smile.

"Sorry sir I told her you had company but she just ignored me and-" she said apologising and he cut her off with a hand.

"It's okay Samantha you can leave." He said smiling at her. I heard a breath of relief came from her lips then she looked at her boss and smiled and glared at me on her way out but I didn't give her any reaction.

"Mr Hugh this is Crystal Scott. Crystal this is Benjamin Hugh." He introduced us and I shake the gentleman hands.

"It's nice to meet you. You're quite beautiful." He compliments and I smiled.

"It's nice to meet you and you're not so bad looking yourself."

I didn't wait for him to say anything else as I turn to him. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" I said as politely as I can seeing that he as a guest.

"Sure. Will you excuse us for a minute?" He asked Benjamin.

"Sure I'll be outside when your done." Benjamin said.

As soon as he was out the door I threw the magazine on his desk.

"What is this?" He asked confused.

"Read." Was the only thing I said. He gave me a puzzled look but read the magazine his eyes widen but not out of shock.

"Crystal I-" he starts but I stopped him before he could say anything else.

"Tell me that this paper is lying Ethan. Tell me that what they are saying is not true. Tell me Ethan. I want to know the truth." I said and I feel the tears threatening to fall but I hold them in.

"Crystal am sorry I wanted to tell you earlier but-" I cut him again.

"So you knew all along? Why didn't you tell me? Why play this game with me again?" I asked questions after questions. "I want the truth Ethan."

"I thought you would remember me but that night when we left the bar you didn't. I wanted to tell you but..." He stopped explaining.

"You had alot of time to tell me. How would I remember you when it's been what ten years more or less. You had a different name you looked different how am I supposed to remember you when you don't look like the Nathaniel I remember."

"I can explained that."

"I don't need to because I am done. Whatever we had before this is over." I said walking out of his office but he stopped me.

"Please don't do this again. Can we talk about this more?" I looked at him in disbelief.

There should not have been an us yet there is. I can't believe I was sleeping with my ex boyfriend from high school and i had no clue but I should have known the way he knew what I like and where to touch me to set my skin on fire. I should have paid attention to the finer details when they were there but I was so lost in what we had with all the sneaking around and everything I forget my usual observations that I make when I am dealing with the opposite sex. I messed up pretty bad.