calvary battle

chapter 15 | calvary battle                                 ────────────────────

────────────────────

More and more kids pass the finish line, you let go of breath you didn't know you were holding once you realized that your whole class made it through. "Deku and (L/N)!" You hear somebody shout. You and Izuku turn around and see Uraraka run straight at you.

The bubbly girl jumps onto you, causing you to take a few steps back. You hug her before letting her down. "Hey." You smile. "You guys did great in the race! Good job!" She congrats. You and Izuku thank her kindly.

"Attention all contestants!" You hear Midnight speak. You and the students huddle around the stage. "The top 41 students made it to the next round. Don't worry if you didn't make it, we've prepared other ways for you to shine." Midnight licks her lip. "The real competition begins next. Make sure to give it your all!"

The flirtatious woman threw her whip up as the screen behind her flashed to a new slide. The screen flashed the words "Calvary Battle" as you tilt your head to the side. "Let me explain," The hero says.

"The participants can form teams of four to two people. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the only thing that's different is the results on the last game. Each person has been assigned a point value." Midnight explains. Students begin to mutter and talk, which pisses her off. "QUIET!" She snaps. You flinch a bit, she calms down and begins to change the topic. The screen from behind shows the point display, "The points assigned go up by five points starting at the bottom. So 41 place gets five points, and first place gets ten million!"

You looked over at your green haired best friend, sadly. "That's a nice number, but in this situation, it isn't the best to have" You awkwardly laugh. Your friend was stiff as a board, he looked nervous from everyone glaring daggers at him. You grab his hand, which only causes him to sweat and become even stiffer. '"It's okay, dude. It's just me." You reassure him. You smile as he begins to finally calm down, but you shiver as you feel a few eyes glare right over where the two of you are standing.

"It's survival of the fittest, with a chance of whoever is at the bottom to rise at the top! Good luck!" She laughs. You sigh, mentally preparing yourself for what was about to happen. Midnight begins to explain the rules as you slowly walk away from Izuku. 'No way that I'm gonna work with him, sorry bud. Maybe I should team with somebody who isn't in class 1-A?'

────────────────────

"You have fifteen minutes to build your team! Begin!"

You look around, cluelessly. You see Bakugou being swarmed by a bunch of other kids, some being classmates- begging to be on his team. "Hey, you look lost." You hear someone say. Turning around, you see a very tall boy with crazy purple hair and bags under his mysterious dark eyes. "Hot.." You mumble. The guy tilts his head, "Huh?"

"NOTHING!"

"Right..anyways, you place fourth, didn't you?" He asks, you nod. "Yeah. I'm [F/N] [L/N]." He introduces himself, "Shinso Hitoshi." He says. He motions for you to follow him, chasing after him like a lost puppy, you see two other kids- your classmates. "Ojiro? French kid?" You tilt your head, "What are you guys doing? Teaming with Shinso?" You ask. They don't respond, they just stare deadly at you.

"Anyways-" You only see his eyes widen before being harshly tugged on. "Ow! Hey!" You cry out, pulling your arm out of your captor's grasp. You see none other than the walking time bomb, Bakugou. "What?" You groan.

"What are you fucking doing over here? You're on my team now!" He reaches to grab you but somebody else beats him to it. "Sorry, but she's already with me." He slides his arm around your waist and walks off with you, leaving Bakugou stare at you in disbelief. Once you're out of Bakugou's eye range- you move away from Shinso. "Thanks." You smile up at him, he only nods before walking off to the rest of the team.

"So, if we're gonna work together- mind telling me your quirk? I'll tell you mine, it's hydrokinesis, basically, I can control water and do what I want with it, pretty original, isn't it?" You ask. He doesn't reply straight away, he looks at you before speaking. "Mind control. Before you say anything, I know, it's a villainous quirk. Perfect for a villain." He says gloomily. You shake your head, "No such thing as a villainous quirk. I think mind control is pretty cool! I'd love to see you use it in action!" You giggle like a child, admiring the emo boy.

He blushes as he scratches his neck, "Uh..well, look at your classmates.." He says bashfully. You now realize that they're being controlled, you just let out a small 'oh'. "Were you planning on mind controlling me?" You ask. He shamefully looks away, "Yeah, sorry. But you offered to join my team- so no need to do that now, right?"

You smile before speaking up, "Right!"