his story

chapter 16 | his story

────────────────────

During the Calvary battle, things had been going pretty smoothly. Thanks to Shinso's quirk, you were quietly making your way up to the top.

You tried to avoid Bakugou, not sure of what he'd do if he saw you again. Nobody really seemed to notice your points getting higher and higher, which was a plus.

After a few more minutes, the time was finally up. Todoroki's team first, Bakugou in second, You and Shinso in third and in fourth was Izuku.

Your team mates seemed to fall out of their trance. "Good job!" You smile at Shinso. He looks away before mumbling a small, "You too."

You turn to see Aoyama and Ojiro confused. You turn away awkwardly, leaving them to their own devices.

"Hey (L/N)! Good job!" Ochako runs up to you.

You smile, "Thanks, you too."

Present Mic's voice rang out, "We'll take a lunch break before moving onto the next round. See ya!"

You begin to walk into the cafeteria with a few of your classmates. After grabbing a salad, you in between Kirishima and Iida. You begin to eat, but get interrupted.

"(L/N)," You hear a cool voice say. You see Todoroki hover over your table, everyone turns to look at him. "Can you come with me? I need to talk with you." He says before turning away and walking off.

You stand up and follow after him, confusingly.

You and him walk in silence before turning the corner. You see Izuku shaking heavily against the wall. You rush over to him, touching his shoulder. "You okay?" You ask. He just stares at you, "(Y/N)..?"

Todoroki glares at the two of you, clearing his throat. "The both of you are hiding something. I'm going to become the number one hero, I need to surpass All Might at any cost. Are you guys connected to him?"

"Are you secretly All Mights love child?" Todoroki asks Izuku.

You try not to chuckle, but you clear your throat realising Todoroki might find out about All Might and Izuku. Izuku successfully reassures him that he isn't.

"Endeavor's my old man."

You jump, it was pretty obvious that Todoroki was his son. The mysterious attitude, the fire quirk and the red hair.

"I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero forever. I have more of a reason to beat you if you're connect to All Might."

His voice sent shivers down your spine. Sure, Todoroki was hot, but he was also scary.

"My father has a strong desire to ride up in the world. And as a hero, he won a name for himself by force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might is an eyesore to him." Todoroki looks over at you for a quick second, before turning to look away. "Since he couldn't beat All Might, he turned to his next greatest plan."

"W-What are you talking about, T-Todoroki? What are you trying to tell us?" Izuku cautiously asks.

"You've heard of quirk marriages, yeah?" He asks. You and Izuku shake your heads, but you can guess what they are from the title.

"That thing that became a problem for the third and fourth generations after quirks began to appear. It's choosing a spouse for yourself or your children, it's based solely on improving your own quirk and having it passed on to your kids or grandchildren, forcing them into marriages." His voice became even more darker as he spoke.

"It's an old fashioned way of thinking, my father is a man of both power and money. He won over my other's relatives and got ahold of my mothers quirk."

Pity began to fill your system. You felt bad for being rude to him, but at the same time you didn't. Sure, it sounds like his life sucks but so does yours. 'He shouldn't take it out on everyone...

Even though I do that too.'

"In my memories, my mother is always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly.'" He says before moving his hand over the scar on his eye. "That's what she told me, as she splashed boiling water on my face."

You frowned. You know what it was like to be attacked by a parent, it wasn't the nicest thing ever. He stopped before looking at you.

"(L/N)." He says.

"Y-Yes?" You stutter.

"I won't pry into your own personal life, but I know your hiding something too. I'm going to beat you, all of you." He says before walking off. You and Izuku stare at where he once stood, in disbelief.

What the hell just happened?

────────────────────

"What- Why?!"

Mina gets on her knees and begs. "Please!!"

Yaomomo comes over, "I don't want to wear it as well, but it's Mr. Aizawa's orders so we must."

You roll your eyes before shrugging. "Fine."

"Thank you!" Mina says before pushing you into the dressing room.

"It's time for the last game! But before that, for those who didn't make it to the final round- there's recreational games for eveyone!" Present Mic yells.

"Why isn't anyone else wearing the uniforms besides the cheerleaders?" You ask no one in particular.

Suddenly, after a rush of silence your teacher speaks in the mic. "What are they doing?"

You become stiff as everyone has their eyes on you. Your face gets hot and you instantly move over to cover your exposed stomach. "Uh.."

Yaoyorozu screams at Kaminari and Mineta about them tricking the girls into wearing the exposing outfits. "How could you fall for it when it was them telling you about it?" You whine.

Yaomomo falls to her knees, talking about how she took time waisting the effort of using her quirk. You put a hand on her shoulder, trying to comfort her.

Iida rushes over to you and gives you his sport jacket to cover up. He escorts you to the change rooms, screaming how Kaminari and Mineta have committed a serious act of disrespect or something among the lines of that. As you walk out, you could feel the stares of people trailing their eyes up and down your body. 'It's probably just the audience.' You try to reassure yourself.

But it wasn't the audience.