reader's first round

chapter 17 | reader's first round

────────────────────

After the whole cheerleading ordeal, you came back to the seating arena to find Ojiro and Izuku gone. "Hey, do you know where Izuku went?" You ask Kirishima. He shrugs his shoulders giving you a small apology.

You and him begin to talk about the next round. "I wonder who I'll be up against-"

"Audience! The finals that you have all been waiting for are about to begin! Match number one, what's with that face?! Izuku Midoriya from class 1A!" You jump out of you seat and begin to cheer loudly for Izuku with Mina and Uraraka.

"Versus- Sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet. It's Hitoshi Shinso from general studies!" Present Mic says. Your classmates stop cheering and some give small applause. Except, you begin to scream for your new friend.

"When did you get so close to the general studies kid?" Iida asks curiously. "We partnered in the Calvary battle." You answer.

"Begin the injuries! We've got our very own recovery girl here waiting on standby. Put your morals and ethics behind, Nothing life threatening is allowed. Hero's should only use their powers for the greater good."

"I'll stop things if they get too serious." Cementoss spoke up.

'Just keep your mouth shut, Izuku.'

────────────────────

The last battle was over in a flash. Quite a confusing one, to say the least. Your best friend was some how able to escape Shinso's mind tricks. Izuku made his way to recovery girl, with broken bruised fingers.

"Well," You stand up and stretch your arms out. "Guess it's time for me and Kaminari to battle." You say, opening the door for your yellow haired friend. "Wish (L/N) luck, she'll need it when she's up against me!" He smirks.

...

"Good luck, Kaminari." The class all say in unison.

"AWH MAN!-"

────────────────────

"From the hero course, she made a name for herself in the first round- Look who it is! It's (F/N) (L/N)!" Present Mic shouts into his microphone.

"Shocking boy, also from the hero course- DENKI KAMINARI!"

Cheers erupt into the crowd, you look over and see your classmates cheering for the both of you, some screaming a bit louder for you to win. "Start!"

You take a small step back, 'I know I was cocky before, but Kami's quirk has the upper hand here..' You squint your eyes as you look over at Kaminari who was showing off his muscles to the crowd while doing a fortnite dance at the same time.

'If I can try to get him out of bounds before he turns on his quirk, I'll win!' You begin to run straight up to the yellow-haired boy. Using your quirk, you create a fist out of the water and punch him.

This causes him to nearly fall out of bounds but he successfully stops himself before he can go any further. He gets up and activates his quirk, "Nice try, (L/N)."

"If I win, you have to go on a date with me." He smirks as sparks of yellow begin to coat him. "If you win, I'll go on a date with you."

More electricity surrounds him before releasing. You try to dodge but are unsuccessful. With the water surrounding you already, the electricity causes you to shake violently. "AhHhHhHhH.!!!" You say as your hair spikes up with frizz surrounding you. Smoke slowly begins to fill the air while a small explosion is created.

BOOM

"What's this?! We can't see (L/N) in all that smoke. Is she able to keep fighting?" Present Mic tries to search for you even when he's in the stands. "Kaminari isn't look to good!" Kaminari goes crazy and stupid while sticking his thumbs in the air.

The smoke clears and there you are, scowling standing up. "Woah! (L/N)'s still fighting?!"

Your classmates let out a shocked gasp as you stand up wobbly. "Take this, idiot!" You screech before sending a tidal wave of water in Kaminari's direction, knocking him out of the zone.

"(L/N) is the winner! She advances to the next round!" Paramedics take you and him to Recovery Girls office as you collapse on the stage.

────────────────────

"How is she ma'am?"

Recovery girl turns over to the icy hot boy. "She's going to be just fine, she just needs to rest is all."

Todoroki let's out a sigh of relief. He slowly makes his way towards you, putting a hand on your cheek he admires your features. "(L/N)-.."

SLAM

The door flies open faster than Iida could ever run. In comes Bakugou, Sero and Kirishima. "GET OUT YOU ICY HOT FUCKER!!" Bakugou growls.

Todoroki throws him a 'tch' of disapproval while making his way out of the nurses room. They three boys waltz over to her and Kaminari.

"Your yellow haired friend should be up any minute now, but your other friend might be out some matches so make sure to let her know what happens." Recovery Girl says.

After a minute of silence, Kaminari finally decides to wake up.

"Ya know.." He says slowly causing the other boys to jump, "Lowkey surprised that she isn't dead."

"HUH?!" -Bakugou

"Calm down Bakubro!" -Kirishima

"HAHAHHAHHA KAMINARI YOU IDIOT!" -Sero

After a while Kaminari and the boys had to leave due to Bakugou's match being next. It was truely saddening when some of your classmates knew you wouldn't be awake to see half of the battles in person. But, they were hoping for your awake soon.