Two

My heartbeat picks up pretty quick as I see the boy who's been taking over the internet by storm these past couple of weeks.

He smiles at me and grabs the cookies from my hand. "Hello," He says very loud. "I'm Dom. Thank you." He says in his chipper English accent, and my heart feels as if it's squeezing up.

I'm a fan of his music, but I'm trying to keep myself under control here. He won't move in if he knows he has a crazy fan living next door, and this could give me the opportunity to possibly be his friend and see how he is. Just need to step out of my comfort zone first, hahaha not even likely.

He bites into the cookie and moans. "The fuckin truth. These are sick." He moans again as he eats another one, scarfing them down his mouth. He laughs when he sees my reaction and wraps the cookies back up.

"You make em?" He asks, and I shake my head and point at my house, right next door.

"I live right there. My mother makes them." I smile at him and he nods, placing the cookies on a little desk beside the front door.

"So, you had to have known who lived here. Tell me about em." He says, and the realtor rolls her eyes and makes her way up the stairs to the other people who may be in the house.

"They were an older couple," I remember so many memories I have in this house. "They were very sweet, but they wanted to travel so that's what they're doing. They basically raised me and I came over here all the time when my parents were arguing. Sorry I'm rambling." I mentally face palm myself and he chuckles at me, keeping a smile on his face. Is he okay?

"Your parents argue a lot?" He asks me, jumping right to the point. For some reason though, I felt I could trust him. I've listened to his music for quite a while and I have definitely learned how he is because he pours his heart and soul right into every single song. He sticks up for what he believes in, which is another reason why I felt like opening up. I haven't been in his life very long, but he's been in mine for a long time.

"Sometimes. My dad's kinda an asshole." I shrug, and he rolls his eyes.

"Aren't they all." He steps out of the doorframe as if inviting me in, and I purse my lips before kindly declining.

"Thank you, but I probably have to get home soon. It was really nice meeting you and I hope you like the house. There's a basement and a pool and everything you could possibly need, and I realize it's weird that I know everything about this house. I'm sorry, I'm kinda-" He cuts me off by bringing me in for a hug.

"Thank you. I really like what I see, have to see what my mates are thinkin." He keeps a smile on his face, and my heart just keeps going WOW at him. I knew he was cute, but he's super cute.

His phone starts ringing. "That's Ash, hopefully I see you again. Thank you and your mum for the cookies." He smiles at me as he picks up the phone and shuts the door.

A couple of seconds later he opens it again, and I stop in place and turn around. His hand is placed on his shoulder as he pushes his phone into it. "I didn't get your name." He comments, looking all around the neighborhood.

"I also didn't realize it was this pretty out here." He brings his lip in between his teeth. He lets it softly slip out of the capture of his teeth, his bottom lip coming out wet with his saliva, making me want to scream. He's so beautiful, I nut.

Not really but uh... you know.

"Oh! I'm Nadia. Nadia Harris." I smile at him and his eyes light up, his jaw slightly dropping.

"Our names are similar, I fuck with that. I'll see you around." He says, as if he's foreshadowing that he's going to buy the house. I'm about to cry. He waves at me one more time before shutting the door, allowing me to sulk up what just happened.

Ash? Ohhh, Halsey. Duh. She hopped on him real quick, didn't give any of us time. Smh.

I take a couple of deep breaths in before stepping into my house, my mom sitting and waiting for me. Her eyes rest on my lips, a smile has been etched into my face for the past ten minutes. My cheeks hurt.

"I assume it went well, what were they like?" She asks, and I get excited as I can't wait to see her reaction to what I'm about to say. She sits and waits for me to go on, doing a hand motion as if telling me to hurry my ass up.

"You won't believe this, like for real." I keep my eyebrows raised and she stands up, lightly smacking me on the arm.

"What are you waiting for?" She asks me, I love her. She's just as excited as I am, I think it's cute.

My mom is the one who wants me to kinda step out of my shell, and this is really what I need. Like, somebody I can get comfortable with. I have many friends but none I care enough for to hang out with outside of school. Well, Vic and Matty are the closest things I have to best friends, and they're going to shit bricks at this information. Honestly though, I'm waiting to get pinched. Like Dom of all people is about to possibly move in next to me.

"Okay so. His name is Dominic," I start off slowly, and she rolls her eyes. She acts as if she's gonna slap me again, and I start laughing. "He's yungblud. The rocker I listen to." I say calmly, and she studies my face for a couple of seconds.

Her eyebrows go into a deep furrow and she probably wonders how I am staying so calm. Honestly, I don't know either. I guess it's a kind of, I don't want to get my hopes up thing. He sounded pretty convinced but you never know what could happen.

"Nadia that's great! I'm so happy for you." She clasps her hands together and I look at Jaden as she's watching the two of us.

"What are we in? Some kind of fairytale?" She comments, and I shrug my shoulders.

"Mind your business." I wink at her before making my way upstairs to my room. I lay on my bed and watch as the sun slowly starts to set, the butterflies in my stomach not budging.