Eighteen

Dom

I shut the door to her side back, and walk over to my side. She won't know, but the conversation is fresh in my mind.

Like, she hits a spot in my heart that if she tugs it one way, it's great, but if she tugs another, it's the worst. Of course it's like that with everyone, but only to a certain extent. I've never really had somebody do that, and it's kinda weird how, what's the word, powerful it is?

This was our first kinda argument I guess, and it was weird.

I feel like I did too much for offering to pay for her school, but, graduation is coming and I'm not gonna leave her hanging.

Besides, if her mom says fuck no to college, it will be because I told her to skip with me. She expressed worry, I'm better at picking up her emotions than she thinks.

"Hey, once again, thank you, for showing me this." She moves her hands around, mocking what I did earlier. I roll my eyes and I nod at her.

"It's no problem. Thank you, for coming," I look in her eyes, she was already staring at my face. "And not getting mad about your book." I smile, starting the car up.

"I was a little mad, not gonna lie." She laughs, the sound feeling like Heaven as it goes in and out of my ears.

"I'll buy you a new one." We start driving away from the building, and I smile as I see the time is only 12:30. We'll make it.

"No, you can't buy my love, that's not how it works." She gives me a look, and I give her one back.

"There's dirt on your shirt." I play along, and she looks down. I take my finger and flick her chin. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"I got you." I joke with her, and I pass her the aux cord.

"Are you bored of my music, I feel like all I do is play the Arctic Monkeys." She says, kinda asking me at the same time too though. I shake my head, keeping my eyes on the road.

I can feel her look at me for a couple of seconds, I bite the inside of my cheek. I always get a little nervous when I can feel her eyes on me, because I have no idea what she's thinking.

She probably gets the same way too though, but half the time, I don't even know what I'm thinking. I just know that I think she's cute, and that my lips feel good on hers.

"Just because I don't look at you doesn't mean I'm lyin." I say, looking over at her. Her cheeks slightly
lift up as her lips form into a smile.

I look back to the road, my left hand thrown over the steering wheel. My right hand on the console, like always. It's a habit.

Just like it's her newly forming habit to grab my hand, because she thinks that I want her to grab it when I put my hand there.

"I feel like we have good vibes, so we need good vibe music." She moves her hand to turn up the volume, and slyly places her hand in mine. I smile and look over at her.

The music I recognize as Tame Impala plays loud through the speakers, allowing Nadia to completely come out of her shell. She slightly dances, almost like she forgot I was in the car.

"Your taste in music is good, who has been telling you it isn't?" I ask her, and she huffs. Oooh there's a story.

"I designed damn near the whole entire prom last year and they were dissing on my music taste cause they wanted rappers that sound like trash." She crosses her arms over her chest, letting all her feelings out.

"Like some of them are good but I also want feel good music. Like your music, or other music I've played." She says, and I widen my eyes at the slight character development. She went from barely being able to express how she feels in front of me, to now wanting a lot of the time. Alright, go on Nadia.

"Let them miss out on the nice music, love." I shrug, experimenting with a name to call her. It's kinda weird, I've never called anyone that except- actually, it doesn't even matter.

I notice her smile out of the corner of my eyes, and we both stop talking, her moving to turn the music up once more. I speed down the road, trying to make it back to town as soon as possible. Speeding leads to pigs, which leads to us taking longer, but I just feel better if I try to get there quicker.

"You're right. Fuck em." She says, and I smirk at her, running my tongue across my cheek. She's picking up on the official YUNGBLUD lingo.

"A big ole fuck em, Nadia." I yell, agreeing with her, and she smiles at me. She lifts our hands up , causing our elbows to be the only thing on the console now. She places my hand against her head, and holds it there.

"What are you doing?" I ask her, the only thing I can see now is the back of her head. She's about to knock out.

"I like the feeling of your skin on mine, shhh." She says, making herself even more comfortable. She unlaces our hands and places our arms back down on the console, laying hers on top of mine. She then lays her head down.

"Go to sleep." I say, and I feel her smile against my arm. I'm probably going to start losing circulation, but that's okay. My arm will fall off before I move it.

I turn the music a little bit lower, hoping it allows her to sleep easier. We have a good thirty minutes to go, so she might as well take a nap.

This leaves me with nothing but the music, and my thoughts. My thoughts that are quite all over the place, and are either driving me insane or making me happy.

Some things I'm sure about and other things I'm not, and that's okay.

The music flows through my ears, and I smile as I think about how music really does help situations, and make people feel good.

It's helped me make so many people happy, and ecstatic. It's helped me reach out to so many people, and make connections. I just- I never thought that my closest connection would be a goofy senior still in high school.

HI WERE YA'LL EXPECTING A DOM POV. Idk if I butchered this but I tried to make it just so you could get a liiiittle insight on his feelings

Thank you for reading and I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter :DDD