Twenty One

"Are you insane?!" Vic practically yells, not able to keep her excitement contained. I'm sitting on my bed with my knees brought to my chest, and they're both sitting in front of me, watching me like a Hawk as I tell them what went down today.

"Hold on, back up back up. So he takes you to this place in the middle of nowhere?" Matty asks, they always do this. They like to ask me questions instead of just letting me talk and tell the story, but it's okay.

"Sounds like a horror movie, right? Bitch hold on I'm getting there." I give him a look, and he puts his hands up in surrender.

I tell them about how we go in, and there's guitars everywhere, and how he showed me around. I told them about how he took me down the stairs, in the floor, and he showed me his wall of book pages. How he has one from mine, which I still didn't get back, and how he has my initial so he remembers.

Before telling them about what happens next, I pause and look at them both, just making sure they're ready. They look like dogs waiting for a bone, and I laugh.

They roll their eyes and Matty lays down, placing his weight on his arm and placing his hand to his head. He acts like he's snoring and I hit his leg.

"Dude, I kissed him. It was a moment, but it felt good." I say, looking at Matty then Vic. They both widen their eyes and look at each other.

"Nadia, no fucking way." Matty says, either being sarcastic, or actually surprised, and I'm not sure which one. I smile at him, not wanting to say the wrong thing.

"We're happy for you!" Vic yells as she claps her hands together, and I bring the both of them in for a hug.

After I pull back I sit back in front of them, and watch them as they stare at each other. Almost like a 'Who's gonna tell her?' look.

I keep my face straight as I grow more and more confused, also nervous as to what they're gonna say. They're dragging it out for no reason.

"One of you open your big fat mouths." I look at Vic, and she sighs.

"You know we're excited, but, you know how open relationships go." She says, keeping her eyes on me.

"Well- most of the time! This could be different." Matty says, and I groan.

"It's not like it's serious. I'm just having fun, I'm not gonna marry him and fall in love with him or anything." I shrug, facing the facts. I'm trying to keep reminding myself that, no matter how much I want to do those things.

They look at each other and then back at me, for about the third time. I stop looking at them and look at one spot in the room.

Honestly, I could care less what they say.

"Hey! Earth to Nadia." She taps my shoulder, and I look at her.

"You're having fun dude, do whatever the fuck you wanna do. We got you no matter what happens." Vic says, and Matty jumps in real quick.

"Facts." He points at her as he says it, and I bust out laughing.

"Anyways, my birthday party is gonna be this weekend. We should do it here, or rent somewhere. Or, you know." Vic raises her eyebrows at me, and I raise mine back at her.

"Are you suggesting Dom's?" I ask her, leaning back on my hands. She looks at Matty and then me, and nods.

"It's okay if you don't wanna ask, we totally understand. We just got lucky with last weekend and we might not again." She shrugs, and I nod. Dom seems to always come through for me, but I don't wanna push it.