Thirty

April 5th. The day God decided to bless us all with Vic's annoying but lovable self. Four days since Dom thought he was being funny and slipped me an edible.

My eyes flash open, and I look at the ceiling above me. I quickly hop out of bed, head to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and run down the stairs of my house when I'm done.

We spent the night here last night, but today we're going to Dom's, and staying at his. I'm kinda nervous, because I have no idea where we're all gonna sleep, but I assume it's gonna be the couch.

Vic said she doesn't even know if she wants to invite that many people because she doesn't want it to get crazy, but we bought a fuck ton of supplies.

"Good morning." I say to my mom, grabbing the box of cookies that she made last night for Vic. I'm pretty sure that Dom is gonna bake her a cake or already gas considering he bought mix, but he's supposed to be out of here any time now.

"I'm gonna make breakfast." She winks at me.

"Thank you." I wink back at her, heading back into the living room. I peep out of the window to see them loading up an SUV with their equipment, and I bite my lip as I see Dom carrying his bag out. I didn't think it would be just yet.

He looks over to my house and I quickly drop the blinds, running upstairs into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and my hair so that I don't look like a mess. I quietly place the cookies in my closet with the rest of the gifts we have for her, and quickly walk out of my room, careful not to wake the both of them.

I then run back downstairs, and I open the front door, stopping in my tracks as Dom pops up in front of me.

He smiles, lowering his hand that I assume he was gonna use to knock on the door. I'm not sure if that would've been a good or a bad idea.

"I was uh-" I cut him off by bringing him in for a hug, gripping my hands around his sides. I breathe in, finding myself never wanting to leave this spot, but knowing I have to.

Knowing he has to.

"Yea, I know, have fun, be safe." I say, still wanting to say one more thing, but I decide to wait for his reply to that first.

His smile quickly grows on his face, revealing his teeth to me. He's wearing a hoodie and some sweats, and I giggle at his outfit choice.

"Hey, I need comfy clothes. Then I get to put on my sexy ass clothes and jump around like I'm crazy." He pretends to flip his hair, and my heart goes WHOOSH as I see that he has black nail polish on. Oh fuck.

"You painted your nails." I say, looking up from his hands and looking at his face.

"That I did." He says, holding them up beside his face. He's so cute. I feel like my eyes turn into the heart eye emoji when I look at him. Do his do that when they peep me, or am I just getting my hopes a little too high?

He looks over at his driveway, and groans as he sees them shut the trunk of the car. I assume this signals that they're ready, and my question is answered as they look over here.

Dom quickly looks back at me. He pulls something from his hoodie pocket, a card. "This isn't for Vic, by the way." He says, and my cheeks turn red at the thought of him handing me a card, for me.

"It's for Matty." He says, and I stop looking at the card and immediately look up at him. He tries not to laugh as my lip slowly drops.

"Kidding. But look at it before you go and wake them up." He says, putting his hands up in surrender this time. Yea, that's what I thought.