Twelve

Tuesday

I wake up, immediately checking my clock on my bedside table. It's routine, just so I know how much time I have to get ready.

8:00 is the time first period at school is, and guess what time it is right now?

8:30. Eight fucking thirty.

This means that my parents don't even know that I'm not at school, and that there's no way I'm getting there now, especially because of the fact that the bus is gone. For good.

If I'm going to be late I may as well be super late, and see if my brother can take me.

Or you can ask Dom.

I shake the stupid thought out of my head, we haven't even communicated since Friday night. I'm not just going to go over to his house and be like 'Oh can you take me to school?' after not talking to him for three days.

He hasn't tried to talk to me and I haven't tried to talk to him either, so it would be weird to just go over there. I'm in a situation though.

This situation has pushed me to the limit and I'm going to get my license as soon as possible, this is ridiculous.

Without still not entirely sure on how I'm going to get there, I decide to change my clothes. I put a pair of jeans on, a white shirt, and a gray throw. I match my shoes to it with gray Vans. This is simple, plus now isn't really the perfect day for me to dress up.

I look in the mirror one more time before stepping closer and grabbing the makeup that I need. After I apply it, I look at myself once more and wink. I look cute. I brush my hair before grabbing my phone and taking off down the stairs.

Breakfast, the most important meal of the day. The voice of my mom fills my head, and I once again think about how she might know that I'm not at school by now. Sometimes if we miss first period, they notify our parents. I'm a senior, how stupid is that?

Maybe she should take me to work on my driving, we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I roll my eyes and grab a banana, starting to eat it. My phone flashes 8:49 at me, and I smile about the fact that it didn't take me too long to get ready. If only I could wake up when I'm actually supposed to, if only I could make it to school on time. Good one Nadia.

After I clean everything up, I turn the lights downstairs off and head towards the front door. I grab my book bag and camera bag before walking out of the door. I lock the front door and look down at my shoes before looking to the right of me, and then to the left. I have no other choice but to ask Dom, so I procrastinate the walk of shame over to his house.

Part of me wants to hop in his blacked out Jeep, that he seems to have just gotten recently, and have him take me to school. My pride is going to take a couple of hits, but so is my body if I don't go to school, because Matty and Vic will whoop my ass.

I don't have a class with them until seventh period, but still, we all like to sit together at lunch.

I arrive in front of Dom's house quicker than I thought I would, and I raise my hand to ring on the doorbell. I take a deep breath in and push the button, waiting for someone to open the front door for me.

A few seconds later, the door is being opened, and Dom appears through the screen. His hair is a wreck, he has on boxers that have kissy faces all over them, and his shirt goes far down his body. I take a look at his tall pink socks, and I laugh after seeing that he seems to have just woken up.

He rubs his eyes and opens the screen door, doing a quick once over on me. He looks at my clothes, shoes, and then my face. He chuckles as well.

"Good morning. I wouldn't have come over here if I knew that you were sleeping." I purse my lips, the situation causing me to feel bad.

He puts his hand down, and finally gets a good look at me.

"No, it's okay, I usually am awake. I just- stayed up late last night." He says, looking me in the eyes. I love talking to Dom, he always tries to give me his full attention, even though I know it's a struggle.

I smile at him, and nod. "Mmmm interesting." I'm not too sure what to say, even though most of the time I'm the one continuing the conversation.

He holds his finger up and shuts the screen back, leaving me a bit confused. A couple of seconds later he re-appears with shoes on and keys in his hand.

I bite my lip, trying not to make it too obvious that I'm excited that he's taking me to school. He shuts and locks the door, and looks at me for a couple of seconds before going down the steps, walking to the car.

The car makes a noise, signaling that it's unlocked. My butterflies come back as the noise goes off, and I reach for the passenger door.

I climb into the car, and try not to stare or look his way too much. "Thank you, for taking me. I didn't even have to ask, you just-"

"I just knew. Yeah, it's 8 o clock in the morning, and you showed up to my house with jeans on." He laughs, looking over at me. Blush tints my cheeks and I roll my eyes.

"Plus, you have a book bag on." He looks down at the bag, and then looks at the other bag beside it. He's about to ask me about the other one.

He backs out of his driveway and gets out onto the road before looking at me once again. "What's in your other bag?" He asks, looking down at it for a couple of seconds before looking back at the road. His left hand is clutching the steering wheel while his other hand is placed on the console.

Dom leans back and gets comfortable, and I look away after he catches me staring. Again. It's kinda weird, and I need to get it under control. He's just... beautiful.

"Um, it's a camera. I have a photography class." I smile as I see his smile grow bigger about me mentioning how I can take pictures.

"Are you good at taking pictures?" He asks me, his eyebrow raised. I glance at him and slowly nod, wondering why he's asking me.

"Yea, I think I am." I shrug, and he literally pulls the car over on the side of the road. What the hell, now is not the time to discuss my picture taking skills.

"Let me see." He says, and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Just trust me Nadia." He says, giving me a look. I look at him for a couple of seconds. I comply and pull the camera from my bag, going to the pictures. I hand him it and allow him to go through the roll.

Mostly pictures of Matty and Vic are going to pop up, and pictures from class, but if I'm being totally honest, I'm not sure what else is on there.

He looks through it, and stops on one particular picture. I have trouble seeing which one it is but I try not to freak out too much, he probably just likes what it looks like.

"Is this you?" He asks me, flashing me the camera.

Oh fuckkkkkk

Oh fuckkkkkk.

HEY ILY ALL sorry I haven't updated, some things came up :/

Yes Nadia stares at Dom a lot but can y'all really blame her 😭