Twenty Seven

Thursday, 2 Days Before Vic's 18th birthday

"So, you want to hang these up?" I ask her, looking at the decorations I have in my hand. They're kinda ugly, and I don't want to put a bunch of shit on Dom's walls.

He agreed to let us have a get together, and laughed about it being only a couple people. He continued to tell me that he knows how it goes, and it's guaranteed to turn into a couple hundred people. Yea, right. None of us even have that many friends.

I proceeded to tell him that, and he said that word always gets out about parties. I realized that thats true, and accepted my defeat. Dom told me not to worry, and to just not let them tear his house down.

Biting my bottom lip, I realize that I zoned out again. "Yes, that one. Nadia, fuck you, you aren't even listening." She crosses her arms over her chest, giving me a look. I look over at Matty and groan, him giving me the same reaction.

"This is what we get for having all week and waiting until almost the day before." Matty says, throwing the decorations down on my bed. We haven't even figured out which one she wants, much less where they're gonna go.

Later, I'm supposed to go pick up a bunch of shit with them from the store, and she wants Dom to supply us alcohol, of course. I said we weren't gonna drink, and that we weren't gonna throw a party, but somehow Vic gets what she wants.

She grabs the big ass box of her decorations and heads down the stairs, trying her best to wave at my parents as we walk by. I give my mom a look and hold up the decorations, and she gives me a laugh.

"Dude, I'm excited. I've never been in his house." Vic looks at me, talking as we walk down my driveway and onto the sidewalk.

"It's nice, you're gonna like it." I look at her and then at him, and she flashes me a small smile.

We make the short walk to Dom's house, and I can't help but smile as we walk up the front steps. The door is unlocked, and I push it open as Matty holds the glass one. Vic places the box on the floor, causing the dogs to come running.

Vic's jaw immediately drops, and she bends down to pet them. I look at Matty and he's looking around, taking notice of all the pictures plastered on the wall.

"Coming into his house is insane, like, you're really dating a rockstar." Matty says, still not looking at me. I roll my eyes.

"He's not my boyfr-" I'm cut off by Dom appearing right in front of us, like he appeared out of thin air. I gulp, looking at his reaction. His brows are slightly raised and he seems shocked. I mean, did I lie?

This isn't how I wanted to start this off, and now that we started off on the wrong foot, we'll be tripping this whole day.

I just look at him for a couple of seconds before grabbing the decorations from the box.

"Could you help me with these? It's okay if you don't want them up there." I quickly say after I ask, letting him know that he's still the one making the final decisions. That's why we decorated with him still here, plus, it would be stupid to wait until the day of.

"We can use tape." He shrugs, and I smile at him. He goes into the kitchen and comes out a couple of seconds later with clear tape in his hand.

"Actually, we're just gonna go get snacks and stuff now. You can work on this." Vic says, motioning to her and Matty. She then motions to the walls, telling us to stay here and work on the decor. Alone. With Dom. I give them a look, and they both smirk at me.

"That's fine. I'll get whatever else you need later." Dom quickly agrees for him and me, and I widen my eyes at them. They giggle, Matty takes his keys out, and they both leave, yelling a thank you before they shut the door.