Eight

Not too long after my parent's left did the noise from right beside my house start to kick up. It's to the left, which means Dom is doing something at his house. I wouldn't be surprised if he's throwing a party, or doing something else that would cause this much noise.

My neighborhood doesn't have too many parties, but if one neighbor has a party they tend to invite the whole block. Whether it be for adults or for teenagers, everyone in the neighborhood in the right category is usually invited.

My neighbors across the street throw parties all the time, and I must say they have some competition now.

"Bitch I know y'all hear that." Victoria says, putting the controller down. She looks at me and then at Matty.

Matty laughs. "We ain't going over there. Our best friend is a bitch." He says, shading me. I drop my jaw and look at him. I hate being ganged up on and they may be joking but it's still whack.

"I'm not a bitch. We're not showing up to a party that we weren't invited to. On top of that, we don't even really know him like that." I cross my arms over my chest.

Matty sighs. "I triple dare you hoe. I bet you won't go." He says, raising his eyebrows. I don't do parties a lot but I'm never one to turn down a dare. I like to have a good time, too. They both know it, and are ready to use it against me.

I furrow my eyebrows at them, kinda upset that they put me in this situation.

"So what, we just dress up nice and show up? What if he tells us we can't-"

Victoria gets up from her spot and places her finger over my lips. I furrow my eyebrows at her.

"Listen. He's not gonna say that we can't stay. But maybe we should go over there and see." She says, turning to look at Matty.

He groans and rolls his eyes. "Okay so say you go over there and he says you can stay. You're gonna come over here and put on clothes?" He asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"If we can't make a decision let's just, not go." I'm the only one in favor of this decision.

"Hush!" They say at the same time, turning back to each other. I roll my eyes, standing up and going into the kitchen.

"Let's just dress semi nice. Good enough to stay but if we can't, easy enough to come back and change out of." I say after I grabbed what I came in here for. I open the bottle of water and sit down on the couch.

Matty raises his eyebrows. "So now you're the one coming up with plans. Our work here is done." He stands up from the couch, slipping his shoes on. I furrow my eyebrows at him.

"We didn't change so let's just wear what we wore to school." He shrugs his shoulders. "Cause I look good regardless." He laughs, and Vic and I bust out laughing too.

I look at her for a couple of seconds before grabbing my shoes and slipping them on. I turn the TV off just incase and roll my eyes, thinking about how they once again dragged me into a situation.

First off, he hasn't even lived beside me that long. Definitely not long enough for me to just pop up at his house and make it obvious we want to go to his party. He did tell me that he has me if I need anything, but I still don't want to take advantage of him. I just don't want this to slip out of my fingers as soon as I've grabbed it. Which, I haven't even.

"Are you rea-" Victoria stops talking when she hears knocking on the door. She looks at me with wide eyes, and mine are probably just as wide.

"Who do you think it is?" Matty mouths to us, and I shrug. He rolls his eyes at me.