Five

"Do you do that often?" He asks, a chuckle escaping his lips as a smile forms upon them. His skin crinkles around his eyes and mouth, showing me his teeth as his smile forms full circle. Nut.

"Yes," I breathlessly say. "I do, I have to get used to the fact that I can't just randomly come over here, but I wasn't sure if you were going to buy it anyways so I thought I might as well spend the last possible days of me just being able to pop up over here in bliss." I bring my lip in between my teeth, letting it go and it coming back out.

"I did buy it, looks like we are neighbours." The words cause my heart to flutter, I've been waiting for those words to leave his mouth. The information I have been longing for is now in front of my face, far enough for me to respect it but close enough for me to want to grab it.

"It looks like it, that's my room right there." I point to my room and halfway through putting my arm up I freak out on the inside, as I think about what I'm saying to him, but remain calm on the outside. Way to go Nadia.

My heartbeat picks up and that happens so easy with him and I don't know why. It doesn't even make any sense, and I'm not really freaking out about him so much, I'm low key freaking out about what I'm doing. It's fine though, we're all good. I asked for this.

"Cute. My room faces yours." He smiles, but then he purses his lips when he takes in the reality of how far apart our houses really are, so he doesn't see me all that well anyways.

The silence remains between us two as I struggle to find something to say; I'm not sure if it's the same for him or if he's just waiting for me to say something.

"I-" He goes to speak at exactly the same time and suddenly dropped his jaw into a small o, not having his mouth too wide.

"Oh fuck I'm sorry! Fuck man, continue." He immediately apologizes to me for something so simple as if it was nothing, it was his immediate reaction.

Okay Dom.

"No no you're good, and I don't know honestly. I was just gonna kinda act on the spot." I settle with that explanation, because honestly I didn't think I would be the one to say something first anyways.

He nods, the right corner of his lips pulling into his cheek as a smirk forms on his face and he swiftly runs his hand through his hair, his hand out faster than it went in. He turns around and bends down to pick up my headphones from the ground, handing them to me.

"Go on Nadia. Goodnight."

As I watch him turn on his heels and walk away from me, it's as if some impulse kicked in

As I watch him turn on his heels and walk away from me, it's as if some impulse kicked in. I wanna talk to him, even though I'm nervous as all get out.

"I'm a morning person because I have school, so maybe we could hang out in the morning if you wanna." I almost slap my hand over my mouth as he stops dead in his tracks, standing like that for a couple of seconds before turning around.

The outside lights are the only reason I am able to see him and I slightly gasp to myself when I observe him, taking in his beautiful looks and all, as if hand crafted by God himself. The smirk still rests on his face, but what I just said only caused it to get bigger. It is now no longer a smirk, but a smile, before he wipes it off his face completely.

I gulp and prepare myself for what I'm about to hear; I should've just grabbed my things and went on.

"Goodnight Nadia." He shoots me down once again, completely rejecting my offer, leaving somewhat of a pout on my face. Ouch.

He watches me this time, a wave of panic rushes over my body and feels as if it's poking little holes into my skin. I do nothing but nod, and try to grab my things that I have somehow dropped during the short encounter that we had, the encounter that is now over.

I want to scream at the top of my lungs as the towel wrapped around my body slips off from the way that I bend down. I curse at myself over and over and don't dare to look up and meet the sweet gaze on such a pretty boy's face.

A cough slips out of his mouth, but I assume only to cover up the gasp he possibly just let out, after I see how his eyes are fixated on mine.

The beams of light that meet my eyes before pulling into the driveway signaled somebody is here, and that I have overstayed my welcome. This is probably the reason he wanted me to disappear, for all I know his girl is pulling up.

"Thank you." I mumble, not letting him get out another word as I take off to the gate, pushing it open and shutting it with slight force.

"Wait! You somehow forgot your-" I shake my head and he stops talking when I assume he sees me shake it between the crack in the fence and the gate, refusing to go back there.

Thoughts replay through my head as I think about the humiliating situation that just went down, I'd much rather have second hand embarrassment than first, and that's what I'm going through right now. He shot me down, which I guess I should've seen it coming. Dom is pure, and he doesn't want anybody getting the wrong idea. He had to get the point across and I don't hate him, I actually love him for it.
He sticks up for what he thinks and acts on what he thinks and I'm stupid to think this situation would've been any different.

I can't allow myself to get crazy over him but honestly I can't help it. It feels as if I'm in a fairytale and I will be pinched any minute, but it just never comes. I wait and wait and wait and it never does, showing that I'm here in this situation now. Him turning me down proved to me it's actually real, because if it was a fairytale; he wouldn't have.