Sixteen

I gasp, looking all around the woods surrounding us. He said the views are nice, this is fucking amazing.

"Me and a couple of my mates found this out here a while ago, it's been my place ever since." He shrugs, walking over to stand beside me. He grabs my hand and leads me behind him, taking us to the other side of the building.

There's a patch of concrete, and a door off to the side. It has a lock on it, and I furrow my eyebrows. He checks under the doormat sitting outside, and I grow even more confused as to why there is one, and why he's looking under it.

"I don't know who owns it, but it's finder's keepers." He sticks a key into the lock, and I widen my eyes. What the hell are we about to walk into?

My eyes almost fall out of my head at the view of something that looks like a studio. Guitars are hanging on the wall, a drum set is in here, and a microphone stand.

"You mean to tell me, you found a random ass building in the middle of nowhere, and made it into a studio?" I ask him, and he laughs, just now realizing how crazy it sounds.

"I guess that's what I'm telling you." He says, grabbing my shoulder and lightly pushing me on the couch.

Not too sure what he's about to do, I comply, it's not like I have another choice anyways. We're at least thirty minutes away from home, and I have no idea where we actually are. We just drove, and then drove some more.

He opens a door, under a rug, in the middle of the floor, and I gulp. Is he about to kill me and then throw my body down there or some shit?

Dom looks at me and laughs, waving me over to him. I slowly stand up and walk over, he looks at me and then walks down the steps. I look down for a couple of seconds before following behind him.

I'm not too sure what's down here yet because it's dark, but he flips a switch when we get off the steps. I'm so confused, does he pay for this? Does somebody pay for this and just not know that a dude is out here with all his shit in it?

"So the lights work?" I ask him, kind of confused. He turns around to look at me. He smiles, like he's been waiting for me to ask.

"Even though I don't know who owns it, somebody does. So after I got all my shit in here, there was a note on the door. This person claimed is as theirs, showed some proof, but they never fuckin used it, so I just slipped one hundred dollars under the mat. Told them to check under, and they're yet to say anything." He shrugs, and I can't help the smile growing on my face.

"I guess it just kinda became a thing and I do it every month now, they haven't said anything and it's always gone the next time I check. Like rent." He continues on, but stops after he says that. He gives me a minute to process it as he walks away, and I'm stuck in the same spot.

"So, your place is huge. Why don't you just move all your things out there?" I ask him, and he walks back over to where I am. He stands right in front of me and looks down.

"I wrote so many songs out here that it's kinda ridiculous, and I have so many memories out here. I refuse to give it up." He gets sentimental for a moment, allowing me to get an idea of what he's feeling.

"That's great, Dom. Your own sanctuary." I say, and he can't help the smile growing on his face. This causes me to smile, which I can't help that either. He laughs.

"Nobody has ever been out here but me, Adam and Michael." He states, and I raise my eyebrows. I'm the first person besides their crew to come in here.

"I- wow. Thank you, for showing me this." I look all around, and right back to him when I get done.

Without saying anything, I step closer and bring him in for a hug. My hands wrap around his torso, and I lay my head on his chest. His hands slowly find their way to my waist, and remain there, not moving an inch lower or higher.

I breathe out as he swirls my hair around his finger again, and he slowly pulls me away from him. "I wanna show you something- something else." He continues looking down at me. I nod.

"Lead the way." Is all it takes for him to grab my hand and pull me somewhere else.

This time, Dom stops in front of a wall with a gun on it. OH SHIT, it's a machine gun. Like from his song, that's badass.

"Wanna see my machine gun?" He quotes, and I can't help but to laugh. He rolls his eyes at me and pulls it off the wall.

"It's real, but, it's not like I use it. So." He flips it around for me to see, and I look at it for a couple of seconds before pointing my head back to the wall. He nods, and puts it back where it was hanging.

The feeling is crazy, seeing this building be the home for damn near all of his songs. Him letting me in, and seeing what only two other people have seen, is crazy. It feels good, I'm glad I'm here. I can barely even describe it, a million emotions are washing over me right now.

"Where'd you get it?" I ask him, a smirk rising on my face. He doesn't answer and only grabs my hand once again, leading us to somewhere else.

He stops us in front of a wall, which seems to have book pages all over it. I look at the wall for a couple of seconds and then at him, waiting for him to explain himself.

"This one.." He laughs, looking at the wall and then back at me. "This is a wall with book pages from every book I've encountered." He raises his hand to point at a couple of different pages.

"And this one right here," He says, looking at me before pointing to a page. "Is from your good ole Pride and Prejudice."

"Please don't be mad that I tore a page from your book." He chuckles, pulling me to step a little closer to the wall. On the bottom right corner of the page is an N, in his hand writing. He pulls a pen out of his pocket and draws a heart right beside it. He's baby.

I stand and think about what's happening in front of me, and how I now remember him screaming my name, telling me that I left something. And what I remember is walking away, not worried about what I left. That night feels like it just happened.

My heart feels like it's smiling as I run my hand over the page, not bothering to look at which one. I trace the N a couple of times before turning back to look at him. He laughs, his cheeks becoming a dark shade of red.

"This is Dominic fuckin Harrison." He mocks me from earlier, and I roll my eyes.

In this moment, I'm not too sure what to say, or what to do, but all I know is what I want to do. Remember me talking about our tension building up and overflowing, well, this is it.

Barely giving him any time to process what I'm doing, I stand on my tippy toes and pull him closer to me. I give him one look before placing my lips on his.

Saying they fit like a puzzle piece would be cliche, so I won't. His touch is sweet, and he has some type of chapstick on his lips. His hands find their way to my back pockets, and he places them in there, pulling me closer to him.

I wrap my arms around him and smile in between, as this is going exactly how I want it to. He slowly backs me up against the wall, the same situation we were in earlier.

He pulls his hand out of my back pocket and places it on the side of my face. After a couple of seconds, he pulls back from me. All Dom does is look down at me, he's probably not sure what to say at all.

"I- I did what-" He shakes his head and kisses me again, this time only a simple peck. He pulls back, and places his nose on mine.

"You did what you wanted to do." He breathes out, now placing his forehead on mine. He sits like that for a couple of seconds before placing a kiss on my forehead, and leading me back up the stairs.

HEHEHEHE