Thirty Eight

"No! Come on! I have something to show you." I grab his hand. He takes his arm and spins me around, pulling me back to him.

I stop right in front of his face and a smirk lines his lips as he watches me flick my eyes from his to his lips. He places his hands on either side of my face as he brings me in for a kiss, his plump lips leaving the taste of his cherry chapstick on my own.

"Drive us to your building in the middle of nowhere." I giggle and the smirk soon turns into a smile as he finds himself laughing about what I said. He nods, moving away from me and near the door.

He fixes his usual Creepers as he puts them on, and I smile as I start to put on my tennis shoes that are right beside his shoes. He looks over at me as we're both putting ours on and giggles at me. "What are you about to show me?" He asks, standing straight up again.

I do the same thing and shrug my shoulders. He rolls his eyes and opens the front door for me, locking it behind us. It's yet again another weekend that I've spent with Dom.

This weekend though, he came over to my house. He met and talked to my mom, and even my dad. Dane was here as well as Jaden, and she actually couldn't believe it.

He sat and talked to my family and my mom seems to really enjoy him even though she's stuck in a state of confusion and awe at the same time. She's asked me multiple times if it's really him, which then I proceeded to show her pictures, songs, videos, and more.

I'm excited for him to see my surprise. Matty and Vic stayed up all night on FaceTime with me trying to make it pretty. Then they brought me out early this morning to help me put it up.

We hop into his Jeep and make our way out into the road after we get situated. My eyes stay straight ahead as I find myself not being able to look at him because he'll know something is up.

I place my hand on the console and he takes his pinky and loops it around one of my fingers, slowly pulling it towards him like I'm not noticing. A smirk rises on my face and I can't contain my happiness as I continue to look forward.

"Any reason we're going out here?" He asks me, drinking the cup of tea that he brought along with him. I shake my head but don't look over at him even though I can see that he lets it go.

"No reason, just wanna see it again." I shrug at him as I finally look over. A smirk rises on his face and he basically is giving me a look that says he doesn't believe me but he will anyways for the sake of me.

I'm happy that I remembered how to get here without him, and I'm still not able to get in, so his surprise is just outside of the building.

A surprise that's also gonna benefit me, and make me excited. It's just one that he doesn't know about, something I only mentioned.

My nerves build up as we move closer and closer to where we were a couple weeks ago, he still hasn't taken the turn but I know when it's coming.

On another note, being in the car with Dom is different than how it was when I first met him and hopped in, even though it's only been two months. He is one of the easiest people that I've ever bonded with in my entire life. Every move he makes makes me feel like I'm at home as I watch and slowly crumble as I realize that he means the world to me.

It's a scary feeling that I place all my trust in the person who means the most, especially after he got that rank from being with me for such a short time. Of course I don't mean that Matty or Vic are any less important than him, I just find myself feeling a way about him that seems impossible to feel about them.

My eyes watch as we pass the multiple trees and the sign that I remember seeing before we reach the turn. It's coming up soon, and the pit in my stomach only seems to be growing.

Music plays through the speakers in his car, and out of the corner of my eye I can see him vibing to it. I look over at him with my eyebrow raised and he giggles at me, making himself more comfy.

I've also realized that he's come to be a lot more comfy around me. Dom is always a cupcake but something is different in him as he relaxes with me. Maybe he knows that I'm willing to risk it all for him and that puts him at ease, I don't know. Maybe he knows how I feel about him so he thinks it's clear for him to put his guard down as well.

Before I met him I listened to his music and followed multiple fanpages to try and keep up with him. Now he lives fifty feet away from me.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, looking over at me. I quickly look at him and nod.

"I mean- yeah, but, I wanna-"

He cuts me off as he rearranges our hands to where he's now holding mine, and I look down at them before looking back up at him.

"We can go after come on who do you think I am?" He chuckles as he jokes with me and the smile rises up on my face as I can't contain my laughter.

"You're a king." I joke back with him and he takes my hand and places his soft lips on it, still looking ahead at the road.

Dom makes the turn and we're soon on the same dirt road that we were on last time, in the middle of the forest it seems like.

The entrance is not obvious and you have to slow down quite a bit if you want to see it, so it leaves me to wonder about how Dom found it.

The whole concept is crazy too considering that he pays somebody for it, and it's still happening to this day. I love the backstory and it adds character to a place that already has so much. Dom still came in and added even more.

"You know, I traveled to a bunch of places for the Loner video, but I came here too," he looks over at me as we continue down the road. My eyes meet his as I listen to the information he's about to give me.

"I've had it for that long." He laughs, and I smile at him as we slowly pull up to it.

"It might be my favorite thing ever." I say to him as we stop in front of it, my surprise being on the other side of the building.

"Me too." He agrees as he quickly hops out and comes to my side, opening the door for me. He grabs my hand as I jump down and shuts the door for me.

I hold up a bandana in my hand and he looks at it then at me. He raises his eyebrows as he already assumes what's going down.

"Okay." He complies and I smile at him before wrapping the fabric around his eyes.

"I can't see so maybe you should just hold my hand and lead the way, yeah?" He smiles and I giggle about how I can see his mouth and not his eyes, and also about the cheeky little comment that left his mouth.

"Sure thing." I grab his hand and lead him around the building, him staying slightly behind me. My eyes fly up to the three signs that I have on the side of the building that's facing the rushing water way down below.

The canvases are white and all my letters are done in black and pink paint.

I turn to him and take off the blindfold, his eyes still shut. I situate him to where he can see them clearly and also see the basket that I have on a little stand out here. It has a pink teddy bear, some pens, a few pictures of him and us, tea, candy, and an amount of some kind of recreational plant for him. Hahahaha.

"Open." I say and his eyes fly open. He quickly starts to read them, a smile on his face already.