Chapter 9

***WARNING!! Sexual content***

Monday morning I woke up with a headache. I needed to go for a jog. I put on some shorts and a crop top, shoved my phone in my pocket, then I headed out. I knew my cousins hated me going out on my own. They know I can take care of myself, but they still feel the need to protect me. They especially hated me going out this early, while it was still dark out. I ran for about 30 minutes when I felt like I was being followed. I changed my pace and heard the different tread. When I rounded a corner into an alleyway, I quickly hid behind a dumpster. A half minute later I heard someone else come into the alley and stop.

"Shit. Fuck."

I hear enough to recognize the voice. Vladimir. What's he doing following me? I get out from behind the dumpster. When he sees me he sighs in relief.

Vlad, "Shit Lexi, I thought someone got you. What the fuck are you doing out on your own at this time!?"

I just gaped at him. He's lecturing me?

"Why the fuck were you chasing me you psycho. All I wanted to do was enjoy my morning run."

Vlad, "I wasn't chasing you, I was following you!"

"That's not any better Vladimir. Stalking me is not Ok."

Vlad, "Shit, that came out wrong. I was on my way to the gym when I saw you. Because you're alone, I got worried something might happen to you, so I followed you. No stalking, promise. Are you out alone every morning?"

"Yes. Pretty much. I haven't found a gym I like yet so this is all I've got for now."

Vlad, "Why don't you come to mine with me? It'll be great to spend some time together."

This was a great chance to infiltrate the Russians.

"You know I'm a Russo right? Our families are fighting over some shit. I don't think I'd feel safe in Russian territory."

Vlad, "Your cousins business has nothing to do with you. And I'd never let anybody hurt you.  I swear Lexi. Please."

"Just as friends Vladimir. Nothing else. I need good friends. Too many people have hurt and betrayed me lately. I don't want to do that to you by not being upfront about my feelings."

He looked me straight in the eyes for a full minute, then he nodded.

Vlad, "Ok. Just friends. I just want to be part of your life. I don't know how it's happened, but you're important to me. So I'll take you however I can get you."

"Thank you Vlad. That means alot to me. Well we still have some time, want to show me this gym?"

He agrees and we head in. It's a small warehouse that's been converted into a gym. It's a great space. Has all the normal equipment any gym would have, but with a boxing ring in the centre. Lots of bags to hit and lots of weights too. As soon as we cross the threshold, the place quiets down. One guy gets the courage to speak.

Guy, "Uh Vlad. Maxim said no hookers in the gym bro. Maybe you can do her in the office real quick."

He said this like he was giving a benediction. Unfortunately for him Vlad didn't like what he heard. He back handed the guy so hard he went tumbling backwards and landed on his ass, looking at Vlad in terror.

Vlad, "Anyone lays a hand on her, they're dead. Anyone says a word of insult to her, they're dead. She's here as my guest and friend. Understood?"

Everyone nods and murmurs their  understanding. Then he adds in Russian,

Vlad, "Ona moya. Otnosis' k ney kak k koroleve." (She's mine. Treat her like a Queen)

I look at him with a raised brow at his use of Russian. He laughs at my twerking eyebrow. I see a couple guys look at him in surprise. Does he not laugh with his men?