Chapter 31

*** WARNING - Graphic Violence

Owen, "Of course it is. Lex hasn't looked at Daly once since she returned! That's not normal!"

Rom, "Gotta say I agree with the kid, it's bizarre seeing you two at the same table, but not speaking."

Rod, "I honestly never thought I'd miss the PDA so much!"

Pat, "Right! Seeing Lexi and Daly in the same vicinity and not at least holding hands, let alone making out? Unnatural!"

Rob, "Eh, I'm pretty happy with the lack of PDA!"

Roc, "Moron! What the fuck is going on with you two?"

"Nothing!"

Ric, "Puh-lease! We already know you two got into an argument. You wouldn't have ended up here otherwise."

Aiden, "We were there remember, and you've forgiven Quinn, so what's going on with Daly?"

Brady, "You know, your husband?!"

I shoot him a glare at his heavy sarcasm.

"Yes, thank you for that Brady. I had no idea who they were talking about."

As I stand angrily to get up and walk away from this fucked up conversation, I feel something pull in my side and I gasp in pain and double over.

I hear my name shouted by various family members but I'm struggling to take a deep breath.

My feet are suddenly swept out from under me as I feel Dalys arms come around me.

I know it's Daly. I'd know his arms anywhere. His scent. I groan as I feel my heart rate rise. Am I seriously getting turned on right now?!

Daly, "Shit! Shit! What did you fucking do Brady!"

Brady, "I didn't do anything. I swear it. I wasn't even near her!"

Quinn, "It could be the stress! Stop fucking stressing her out!"

Brady, "Seriously?! This is all your fucking fault! You caused her to lose her shit and blow up at everyone! To make her turn against her own husband! That's not on me!"

I see the stricken look on Quinn's face.

"Stop it! It's not anyone's fault but Dalys since he's the one who knocked me up!"

I was trying to make a joke but I guess they were all too worried and high strung at that moment to notice.

I felt Dalys arms stiffen around me. Oh no. He took my joke seriously. He placed me down gently. As I was about to turn to explain myself, we were interrupted by Marco running into the lounge, out of breath.

Marco, "Boss, we have a breach. Too many for us to deal alone. We need help!"

Everyone pulls out their weapons. I do the same but Daly stands in front of me. Stopping me from moving forward.

Daly, "I know you don't give a fuck about my feelings on this matter, but you just doubled over in pain. We don't know what's wrong, you can't put the babies in danger. Stay behind. Please."

He wouldn't look me in the eyes. Like he knew I was going to refuse his request but still unable to stop himself from asking me to stay. Oh my love. We've hurt each other for no reason.

"Ok."

That's all I say. He snaps his head up and stares into my eyes.

Daly, "Ok?!"

I nod, "Yes. Ok. I'll stay put."

Marco, "I'll stay and watch her as well. Don't worry, nothing will happen if we can stop the lot trying to get in from the East!"