Chapter 16

We spent the rest of the week on high alert while trying to act casual. The school has been closed down since Thursday. It was already on high alert because of the attack on Riley on the Tuesday, but Wednesday at lunch time, some kids found Yuris body. The students were all sent home and told to stay away til notified.

Now it was Saturday. We heard that Maxim was looking for any news on Yuris death. But he can't exactly point fingers in my direction without admitting to sending his brother after me in the first place.

The O'Brians were all moved in. Daly was driving me nuts. Not in a bad way. But he keeps touching me and kissing me, but we're never alone. And so I'm very, VERY, frustrated right now. Would he think I was easy if I decided to fuck him after only dating for a week?

Do I even care right now?

Not really! Hahaha. I just want him! So badly.

Even my cousins no longer said anything negative about him. Of course they growl and grumble and even sulk slightly if they see us too close, but generally they pay us no mind. The comments about marriage seemed to make my relationship with Daly acceptable now. How my modern, intelligent cousins can be so cave-manish when it comes to me, I'll never comprehend.

I was curled up with my coffee and a book when Daly came into the lounge. I've been trying to get him to sneak into my room at nights, but he refuses. He says he's being watched lol. I'd like to say he's being paranoid, but he probably is being watched.  Daly bent and gave me a slow, smoldering pash. I got so lost in his lips that I forgot I was holding my coffee.

"Ouch! Fuck! That's hot!"

Daly, "Shit, sorry babe. Didn't notice you had a coffee in hand. Are you burnt? Let me see? Lift your top up?"

I stand and raise my shirt to check my abdomen where the coffee fell. But my luck being the way it is, that would be the moment my cousins walk in!

Rom, "No, no, no! Not in our lounge room. We play and eat and watch TV in this room! Go do your shit somewhere else!"

Did he really just say that? Not to stop doing it, just to stop doing it in the lounge. Yeah, they've gotten used to him now. And there's got to be a game on. Yep. He just turned the football on. I shake my head at my cousin.

"Go get me an Ice pack would ya Rom. I spilt coffee on myself. It bloody hurts"

I treated my burn and left the boys to watch their game.

I went to the yard, lay down in the grass and continued reading my book. As I was getting drowsy, my phone beeped with a text.

Gary: It's done! Clean and clear! We're even now!

Lexi: Thanks mate. Definitely even. Next favours on me!

I can't stop the grin on my face. I feel abit like a sociopath but I don't care. I casually saunter back to the lounge which is very crowded with 14 guys in it now. I sit down on the arm of Dalys chair. I don't say anything yet, just continue to smile. After a bit they mute the TV.

Roc, "What's with the scary ass grin sis?"

The others nod in agreement.

"Boris was found hanging in his cell today. No-one knows how he managed it. But there's no sign of foul play. Reported as a suicide!"

The room exploded in noise. I just leaned against the seat and grinned.

Daly, "Your contact came through?"

"Of course! You shouldn't doubt me!"

Riley, "Thank you Lex. It means alot that you would use a favour for me. I can't believe I was into that asshole."