Chapter 13

I jumped down from the bench. Before I could take a step, Daly stopped me.

Daly, "Don't fight with your cousins because of me. You won't be happy if you're on the outs with them. And all I want is for you to be happy!"

I placed my palm on his cheek.

"Being with you makes me happy. Do you think I could rest if I was constantly worrying about your safety? Not possible."

I saw Raf and Ric exchange glances.

Aiden, "Look, we'll accept whatever you decide, but you know the reasoning behind wanting us to stay here. Other than Daly and Lexis relationship, has any of that changed?"

Raf, "No. No it hasn't. Sorry Lexi. It's an automatic response to seeing you with a guy. Today has just been... too much. Don't leave. They can stay here with us."

Ric, "But separate bedrooms Lex! No compromises on that!"

I could've argued that I could sneak him into mine late at night, but no need to cause them to change their minds just because I wanted to get a rise out of them. So I nodded in acceptance and smiled at them both.

Raf, groaning, "I know that look Lex. You always had that doe eyed look whenever you were up to something!"

He shakes his head while exhaling loudly. 

Raf, "You know what? I don't want to know! You can take care of yourself. And you're stubborn as fuck, so you'll end up doing what you want anyway."

Ric, "Just don't do who  you want, while we're around please."

At his words Daly choked on air and I knew I was blushing slightly. Aiden and Brady were laughing loudly and Raf was just nodding away agreeing with Ric.

"Geez guys. Can you think of anything else to say to embarrass me? No? Good. Why don't you all go share the news with the others. I'm sure Rom and Rod will be over the moon!"

The last bit was said immensely sarcastically. Raf gritted his teeth while Ric just rolled his eyes. They both knew the twins were going to throw a tantrum.

********************************

Which they did. A massive one. So big that Raf actually sent them to their rooms like toddlers.

During dinner we finalized all the details for the move. Which would be tomorrow after school. The twins and I would help the O'Brians with the move, while Raf and Ric dealt with everything at the clinic and getting Rob and Roc home.

Raf, "Ok everyone. It's been a long ass day and it's going to be an even longer one tomorrow. Lex you already missed school today so you need to be there tomorrow."

"Ugh. Why? I already know everything they're teaching. Can't I skip it?"

Riley, "You know the work already? How?"

"I have a photographic memory. And I've already done these subjects at the academy. So..."

Daly, "Wow. There's so much about you to learn."

I shuffled guiltily in my seat. I knew I needed to tell them I understood Gaelic but I wasn't sure how he would take it. Daly noticed something was wrong.

Daly, "What's wrong. Please tell me? You're making me nervous right now!"

"IknowhowtospeakandunderstandGaelicpleasedon'thateme."

I said in one big breath as fast as I could. Daly laughed at me.

Daly, "Slower babes. I'm sure it's not that big a deal."