Chapter 26

As we got to the clinic, I could see how excited and anxious Quinn was.

"Quinn, I'm glad you're happy about the baby, but you seem kind of nervous. Are you doing ok?"

Daly and Quinn share a quick look.  Daly nods at Quinn. Quinn takes a deep breath and blows it out noisily.

Quinn, "Last year, a girl I was sleeping with got pregnant. She lied about being on birth control and I wasn't careful enough and messed up. I was so angry. More at myself than her, but I wasn't the most.... uh...gracious I guess, when she told me."

"You were 16! Give yourself a break."

Quinn, "I honestly wasn't even sure if it was my kid, but she claimed it was. She was demanding and I wished on more than one occasion that she'd never gotten pregnant. Then she lost the baby. And I felt like crap. Even though it could of been someone else's, I still wished the baby gone and then it was."

"Oh Quinn, if only wishing someone away could make it happen. You were in a tough spot. Having those stray thoughts isn't a crime. It's part of being human. If all the bad things I thought about Daly in those first few weeks of knowing him didn't happen then I can guarantee you didn't make her lose that baby."

Quinn laughs at the insulted expression on Dalys face. I kiss Quinn on the cheek.

"You're a good guy Quinn. And you're going to be a great uncle. And hopefully an even better dad one day. But if anything goes wrong with this bub, it's not on you. Ok!?!"

He smiles and nods and rests his head on my shoulder. Daly pushes him off and wraps his arms around me. I laugh at them both glowering at each other.

Nurse, "Lexi O'Brian?"

"That's me. Is it ok for my husband and brother to join me?"

Nurse, "Of course it is. Please come  this way."

I see her eyes bug out when she gets a look at the two guys with me. She checks them both out and returns to Daly. Ah no bitch.

She gives him a coy smile which he  sneers at. She looks taken aback. As I walk past her I whisper,

"Eye my husband like that again and I'm going to gut you and watch while you die slowly."

She gasps loudly and steps back from me, right into Quinn. The stupid airhead bats her eyes at him,

Nurse, "Oh, so sorry. Thank you for catching me. You're awfully strong."

Quinn, "Bitch, get your thirsty ass away from me and act like the professional you're supposed to be, before my sister makes true on her words!"

The nurse sees me watching her with a frown and pales and with a point at the room we were to go to,  she runs back to the front desk and away from us.

Daly, "Fuck you're hot when you get possessive. And scary. Mmm, you want to quickly find a empty room before we see the doc?"

Quinn, "Ugh bro really, dude, did you forget I'm still here?!"

From the look on Dalys face he actually had. Quinn mumbles obscenities under his breath and Daly and I laugh at him.

As we walk into the room, I see a middle aged lady doctor waiting for us. I hear Daly whisper to Quinn,

Daly, "Oh thank fuck it's a woman."

Quinn nods in agreement. Lol these boys. I shake the doctors hand.

"Hi, I'm Lexi, this is my husband Daly and my brother Quinn."

Dr Ally, "Hi. I'm Doctor Allyson Langdon but I prefer Dr Ally. Nice to meet you all. Now, I've already read all your files that were sent over from your normal doctor, you are very young which is why you were transfered to me for now. It makes your pregnancy high risk. If after this scan it all looks good, you can continue with your own doctor. If not you'll continue with me til bubs is born. Got all that?"