Chapter 14: Tracy's Back

It's now Monday. I wake up and I open my door. I look around and I notice that my mom's door is open. What a shock. She's up before me. I'm usually the one up first. Guess she is using Alexa. I close my door and get changed. I get out of my room and then go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth, do my hair, and then get out of the bathroom.

    "Good morning. You look glum" Mom says.

    "Got a bad case of the Mondays. It's pretty contagious" I say.

    "I can tell you're right about that. I'm starting to get it too. And just remembering that I have work today" She says.

    "And I have school. What a cruel world" I say.

     "What a cruel one it is. I'm going to go get ready for work" She says.

     "Alright" I say.

                Time passes by and I am now waiting for the bus.

    "I'm a bit scared for today" I say.

    "How come?" Mom asks.

    "Tracy could come back today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Who knows when," I say.

    "Mrs. Ross only said that she was coming back from her vacation in November. It's now November".

     "Don't worry so much about it. Esther, Eli, and River all have your back when it comes to her. You'll keep each other safe and stand up for each other against her" She says.

     "I know. I just really don't want her coming back. Hell, I would be fine with her being on vacation forever. This last month has been so peaceful and relaxing without her" I say.

     "I can see that. And I know what you wish, but you can't keep her away forever. She goes to school with you and she's gone to school with you for  a long time. You just got to get through it" She says.

    "I know" I say.

    "Why do you even consider Tracy as a big threat to your school life anyways? Like she has so much power over you and your friends? She's just one person" She says.

    "Because. She used to be our best friend. We told her everything. Our secrets, fears, weaknesses. She basically knows everything about all of us. Now that she hates us, she can easily use all of what she knows against us if she wanted to" I say.

    "But what makes you all different? You know everything about her too, right?" She asks.

   "Well, yeah. But she's changed so much. Who knows if it even matters anymore" I say.

    "It still matters, Isaac" She says.

As soon as she says that, I see the bus coming.

     "Thanks, Mom. I need to go. I love you" I say.

      "I love you too" She says.

     I get out of the car and onto the bus. Esther is sitting in the middle of the bus and I sit right next to her.

     "She's sitting in the back" Esther says.

    "Who?" I ask.

     "Tracy" She says.

     "Shit. So she is back. Great" I say.