Chapter 19: I Like Him

It is the next day and I wake up excited. Why, you ask? Esther is coming over to hang out. Just me and her. Not River. It's nothing against him, it's just that me and her haven't hung out just us in a long time. Since summer. It's been too long. It's been way too long and I will not stand for it anymore. She is my best friend.

             I made the plans with her yesterday before she left and my mom said she was okay with it. She's coming over at 12 o'clock. It's 10 o'clock now. 2 hours. 120 minutes. 7200 seconds. I can't wait. I get changed and grab my phone from my dresser and see that I have received messages from Amaya and Hailey. Nothing from Eli. I'm not giving up. I didn't say that just to satisfy River. Even though I want to because this is torture, I won't stop trying to get through to him. I head to Maya's contact first.
—————————————————————————
Amaya: Heyyyy. How was last night?

Me: It was good. What about you?

Amaya: I'm wasted asf.
Amaya: My biggest phobia kicked in big time.
Amaya: So. Many. Family members.

Me: Damn. I wish I knew how that felt.
Me: And did you drink alcohol or? Lol.

Amaya: My parents would kill me if I tried to drink liquor. The rest of my family would probably salute me or praise me. They're drinkers, most of them.
Amaya: Trust me, you don't. Its not fun getting group-hugged by so many relatives at once. Especially when you don't know most of them.

Me: You should be lucky, though. Your family is huge. Its just me and my mom.
Me: My parents both had no siblings, so I have no aunts or uncles. Their parents are gone so my grandparents are gone. My dad's gone. I don't have any family besides her now. Blood-Related family. You and all of my friends feel like my family so.

Amaya: I am lucky. It can just be so hectic at times. So many people in one room. It gives me claustrophobia.
Amaya: You know how much I care for my personal space bubble.

Me: Boy, do I know.

Amaya: Lol.
Amaya: Anyways, enough about me. What was your thanksgiving like?

Me: Kind of revealing and weird.

Amaya: What do you mean by that?

Me: For starters, Esther's mom tried to contact her by sending her a letter on her birthday. But her dad hid it from her because of cautiousness.

Amaya: The cautiousness is understandable. Her mom left her and her dad for someone else. Of course he would be that way.

Me: But he still should've told Esther though. You don't just keep something like that.

Amaya: Yeah, But can you really blame him? Her mom could've wrote anything in that letter. He was probably just trying to spare his feelings.

Me: True.

Amaya: So what else? You also mentioned weird.

Me: I think my mom might be hiding something.

Amaya: Why do you think that?

Me: Because when I went to go to my room to get something, her door was open. When I went on, her computer was on to a tab about my dad. The news article of when David's family broke the silence about the hate being thrown towards them.