Coming Out [boyxboy]

Thump.

                I took a slow, deep breath.

                Thump.

                I squeezed my eyes shut tightly.

                Thump.

                I slowly turned to face Gav and narrowed my eyes at him.

                “Gav, if you do that one more time, I’m going to kill you,” I growled.

                He met my baby blue eyes with his bright green ones. A grin spread over his face and his fingers slowly unclenched the ball, tossing it up into the air.

                Things seemed to crawl into slow motion as our eyes were drawn to the airborne ball. It began its descent back down, landing in Gav’s open hand.

                Thump.

                “That’s it; ball’s mine!” I cried, jumping out of my chair and tackling Gav.

                “No fair!” I whined as he held the ball just out of my grip. Fine, you want to play dirty? Time to bring out my secret weapon.

                Gav shrieked in furious laughter as I began to tickle his sides. He clenched the ball tightly, trying to fend me off as his laughter continued, drowning out any other noise.

                I managed to snatch the ball out of his hands and smirked triumphantly, getting off of Gav. He sat up, clutching his sides and panting heavily.

                “I…hate…when…you…do that!” he cried, trying to catch his breath.

                “And I hate when you distract me while I’m trying to finish my essay! Besides, shouldn’t you be working on your essay?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

                “Yea, yea. I finished mine yesterday. Now finish yours already so we can go eat! Jeez!” Gav whined. He released his sides and reached for the ball again.

                “I’ll finish faster if you’re not distracting me,” I said, glaring at him.

                I rolled my eyes and handed him a half-empty pack of Mike and Ike off my desk. Gav immediately brightened, snatching the candy out of my hands and beginning to eat.

                I rolled my eyes and turned back to face my laptop. I began to type away again, ignoring Gav’s obnoxious chewing. He only ever did that when he ate Mike and Ike candy.

                A few minutes later, I had finished my essay. I emailed it to my teacher before turning my laptop off and turning to face Gav.

                “Ready to eat?” I asked.

                “YEA, YEA! I WAS BORN READY!” Gav screamed, setting the Mike and Ike box down. He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of my bedroom and towards the kitchen

                “Gav, I highly doubt you were born ready to eat dinner,” I pointed out.

                “Trav, have you seen my appetite?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

                “This is true,” I said with a sigh.

                Gav shoved me into my kitchen. “NOW MAKE ME A SAMMICH BITCH!”