Coming Out {7}

“Trav, are you alright? You’ve been acting weird lately,” Gav said with a concerned frown.

                “Yea, I’m fine Gav!” I lied with a bright smile.

                We were sitting in my living room watching Piranha on Netflix. Gav and I had a habit of watching shitty movies like this together.

                “Are you sure?” Gav asked.

                “No Gavin. I’m not sure if I’m alright or not,” I said, rolling my eyes.

                But in all honesty, I really didn’t know if I was alright or not. Those two notes were driving me crazy. I hadn’t gotten a new one today, but I was still terrified. Would someone really out me? Who were they? How did they know? And why were they doing it?

                “Trav, if you need to talk about something, you can trust me,” Gav said seriously.

                “I know I can Gav! But I’m really fine,” I said with a shrug.

                This was one of the very, very few things that I couldn’t talk to Gav about. Yea, I’m sure it would go over real well if I told him that someone was threatening to out my true sexuality.

                “I…what?” Gav asked in confusion as we continued to watch the movie. “So the police tell everyone to get out of the water, and they’re all going to ignore them and jump in the water anyways just because one guy said he had beer?”

                “Because fuck logic. Let’s go to McDonalds,” I said, turning the movie off and jumping up.

                “Aw but Trav! There was death and nudity!” Gav whined.

                I rolled my eyes. I had actually dropped my eyes during the nude scenes. Ugh. Disgusting.

                “The death scenes are really fake. Now let’s go to McDonalds!” I said, grabbing his arm and forcing him to stand.

                We got in my car and I drove us down to the local McDonalds. We pulled up to the drive thru window and I leaned out.

                “Welcome to McDonalds. What can I get for you today?” a man’s voice crackled out.

                “Uh, yea, we’ll have two Big Macs to go,” I said, grabbing my wallet.

                Gav slapped a hand over his mouth as he started to laugh. I stared at him in confusion and he pulled his hand away, laughing so hard he couldn’t speak.

                “You…tard!” he managed.

                “What?” I asked, pulling up to the window to wait for our food.

                “You’re at a fucking drive thru and you just ordered your food to go!” he cried, laughing again.

                I blushed and shrugged. “Maybe he didn’t know,” I said defensively. “These new fast food workers are awful sketchy.”

                We grabbed the food and the guy told me how much I owed. I handed him the money before driving away to the gas station so we could eat and get drinks.

                We sat on the curb of the gas station and began to eat our Big Macs in comfortable silence. Gav pulled out his iPod and played Dance Gavin Dance.