Coming Out {5}

“Trav?”

                I jumped in surprise and Gav frowned at me. “Are you okay? You’ve been jumpy and nervous all day,” he said in concern.

                “I’m fine,” I said with a nervous laugh.

                Inside, I was a wreck. Someone knew I was gay. What if they told the school? What if my parents found out?

                “Earth to Trav!” Gage called in my ear, making me jump again.

                “Sorry. I’m just…I’m waiting for the hospital to call me back. I’m finding out if I’m pregnant or not,” I said with a dramatic sigh.

                “Dammit! I knew I should’ve worn a condom!” Gav cried in frustration.

                “Hey, if anyone is getting Trav pregnant, it’s me,” Gage said fiercely. He waggled his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes.

                “You wish you could get this,” I said, motioning at myself and smirking.

                “Well, if you are all done talking about my son’s apparent pregnancy and odd sexual partners, I made steak for dinner,” my dad said, entering the living room.

                I blushed deeply, having forgotten my dad was in the kitchen. Would he and my mom kick me out if they found out I was gay? They had never said anything bad about Gage, but Gage wasn’t their son.

                We went to the dining room and all began to eat the steak. My thoughts were still focused on that damn note. Who had written it?

                “Earth to Travis Blake. Come in Travis Blake,” Gav said, rapping his knuckles against my forehead.

                I smacked his hand off and rolled my eyes. “Sorry,” I mumbled, biting into my steak.

                Gav frowned at me and opened his mouth to say something. He snapped it shut and grabbed his vibrating cell phone. He groaned and face palmed himself.

                “My mom just texted me ‘Wut’s going on wit u cracka? Where u at?’” he said miserably.

                Gage and I snickered. Gav’s mom tried to be “cool”. She liked to “keep up with the times”. Or at least that’s how she put it.

                “Yea, yea. Laugh all you want. At least I’m taller than a second grader!” Gav whined.

                Gage glared at him. “I’m not short,” he said angrily. “I’m just very slightly vertically challenged. There’s a very distinct difference.”

                “Whatever you say Gagey boy. Whatever you say,” Gav said with a smug grin.

                “Enough about how short Gage is,” dad said, rolling his eyes.

                “Mr. Blake! I’m not short!” Gage cried in annoyance.

                “Sure Gage. And I was the first man on the moon,” dad said, patting Gage’s head. He stopped and turned to me. “So, what are you boys up to for the rest of the night?”

                “We’re going to do our homework, study hard, clean the house, and do the dishes,” I said with an innocent smile.