Coming Out {28}

“Trav, you look so handsome!” mom said, smiling at me.

                I gave her a small smile. “Thanks mom.”

                I looked down at the tuxedo I was wearing. It was just a regular black tux. But I looked damn good in a tux.

                I had taken some girly time on my hair tonight to make sure it looked good. I smiled at mom and hugged her, kissing her cheek.

                “I’m going to go pick up Alex,” I said.

                “Are you boys coming back to the house after the dance?” dad asked, coming out to the living room.

                “Yea, I think so,” I said with a shrug.

                “Alright. I’ll get pictures of you guys then, so don’t make a mess of yourself,” mom said sternly. She had already taken a billion pictures of me, and I was surprised she wasn’t demanding I bring Alex back here quick. My mom loved her pictures.

                “I’ll try not to mom,” I said, offering her a small smile and grabbing the keys off the coffee table. “Bye guys!”

                “Bye Trav! Have fun!” my parents called, waving to me as I left the house.

                I got in the car and turned on my iPod before pulling out of the driveway. I took off down the road towards Alex’s house, nervous about seeing Collin.

                “Author of the moment can you tell me: Do I end up, do I end up happy? We all have a story to tell,” my music sang.

                “I sure as hell hope I end up happy,” I mumbled nervously as I neared Alex’s house.

                I pulled into the driveway and shut the car off, taking a deep breath to try to calm myself. I checked my reflection in the mirror before getting out of the car.

                I went up to the house and rang the doorbell. I waited nervously, trying to have a freaking panic attack.

                The door opened and Mrs. Radke smiled at me. “Hello Travis!” she said brightly, stepping aside to let me in.

                I instantly relaxed, glad it wasn’t Collin who had opened the door. “Hello Mrs. Radke,” I greeted, stepping inside and taking my shoes off.

                She waited patiently for me to get my shoes off before leading me up the stairs and into the living room. I looked over and my mouth dropped open in surprise.

                “Hi Trav,” Alex said shyly, blushing a little.

                I forced my mouth to close and tried to remember how to form words. Man, if Gage thought Alex normally looked sexy, he would drown in his own drool right now.

                Alex was wearing a white tuxedo that had light blue on it as well. His hair was lying perfectly on his head, and the blue in his tuxedo was making the blue in his eyes stick out. The lighting of the room made his golden hair seem to shine.

                Gage would be proud of just how horny I was staring at Alex.

                “Hi Alex,” I finally managed to spit out.

                Alex came over to me. “You look really, really nice,” he said quietly.

                “You look…holy shit,” I said, still in shock at just how god damned sexy this shy boy could manage to look.