Coming Out {18}

“Okay, so you’re relying on the shyest kid in the school to stand up for himself to his brother?” Gage asked.

                I nodded. “I think Alex can do it,” I said with a slight shrug.

                “Trav, Alex would never stand up to Collin. Look, I know a little about them and their family. Not from stalking, but from a friend of mine who was friends with Collin for a while. Alex would never stand up to that kid. Not if his life, or his relationship with you, depended on it,” he said flatly.

                “He could!” I said defensively.

                Gage rolled his eyes. “Look, Collin basically takes care of Alex. Their dad has lung cancer, and it ain’t pretty. Their mom is always working to pay his medical bills. Collin has to play mommy and daddy to Alex,” he explained. “Alex is too loyal to Collin to go against him on anything.”

                “Why the hell didn’t you tell me that sooner?!” I cried.

                Gage shrugged. “It didn’t seem important. I didn’t think you’d get the balls to ask the kid out. I was kind of hoping you’d take me up on my offer before you went off with someone else. Not going to lie, I’m pretty disappointed in your lack of horniness. You’re a teen boy for god’s sake!”

                “Gage now is not the time for your sexual fantasies about me!” I said, face-palming myself. “Now is the time to worry about what the hell I’m going to do about the Alex situation!”

                “I mean, I’m pretty down for a threesome with you guys,” Gage said casually.

                “In your dreams,” I grumbled, slumping against the couch.

                We were sitting in Gage’s living room, waiting for Gav to get to his house. I had just finished ranting about my Alex problem to him.

                “Look, it’s simple,” Gage said.

                “If it’s so simple then tell me what to do!” I snapped.

                “Like I said: It’s simple. We kill the batman.”

                “Have I ever told you I hated you?”

                “Many times.”

                “Good. Let me say it again. I HATE YOU.”

                “Hate generates to passion in bed. My bed is right down the hall if you want to release those feelings. And maybe release a little more.”

                “No way. Sex with you is 30 seconds of my life I can never get back.”     

                “Oh, harsh. Especially coming from a virgin.”

                I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. “Shit. This isn’t good Gage.”

                “I know. I haven’t gotten laid since Lyle in the library.”

                “Gage!” I cried impatiently.

                “Sorry, sorry,” he said, holding his hands up innocently. “Getting back on topic. Collin is a mom, a dad, a brother, and a best friend to Alex. It’s going to be hard for you to get through that. And to get as creepy as that.”