Coming Out {16}

***Trav’s POV***

                “I…I JUST DIED IN YOUR ARMS TONIGHT!” Gav sang loudly as we waited for Gage to finish changing in the locker room.

                “I’m going to kill you if you don’t shut up,” Gage groaned, slapping his hands over his ears.

                “You just like having your shirt off,” I said, picking Gage’s shirt up and tossing it at him.

                He pulled his hands away from his ears to catch his shirt and winked at me. “You know you love it,” he said smugly before pulling his shirt on.

                We left the locker room and went to the gym. We climbed the stairs up to the track and began to walk around.

                “So, has Alex said anything else about the senior ball?” Gage asked.

                I shook my head and sighed. “No. But that’s probably because I haven’t seen him at all today,” I said.

                “Most of my classes are in the freshman hallway.”

                “SHIT!” I jumped away from Alex in surprise, my heart slamming. “WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SNEAK UP ON ME?!”

                He blushed and gave me a small smile. “Sorry,” he said.

                AWWWWWW HE WAS SO CUTE. HE WAS LIKE A BUNNY. OR A PUPPY.

                “It’s okay,” I said, shifting so that I was standing next to him again. He was just so adorable and cute I couldn’t handle it!

                “I need to talk to you after school,” he said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. “But it could take it a while.”

                “I would invite you over, but my dad’s boss is coming over so I can’t have people at my house,” I said with a sigh.

                “Oh, you can come over mine,” he said automatically. He blushed brightly and began to twirl his hair around his finger. “I mean, if you want to. Collin is going to Josh’s house to work on a project with some friends, so he won’t be home.”

                “Sure,” I said with a smile, though I was suddenly terrified. What if Alex’s parents were homophobes like Collin? Man, I didn’t know anything about his family. I didn’t know if they were mean like Collin, or nice like Alex.

                “I’ll find you in the hall after school,” he said, his face brilliant red. It slowly returned to its normal color and he glanced up at me shyly. “Thank you.”

                “No problem Alex,” I said.

                “Alex, I told you I didn’t want you near him!”

                Collin stormed over and shoved me away from Alex roughly. He stepped in front of Alex, a fiercely protective look in his eyes.

                “Stay away from my little brother,” he snarled.

                “Collin, they’re friends. Deal with it,” Gage said, glaring at Collin. “You’re just upsetting Alex by not leaving him and Trav alone.”

                “Shut up!” Collin snapped. He grabbed Alex’s hand and dragged him away from us.

                Alex turned and glanced at me apologetically as he stumbled along after Collin. I winked at him and he gave me a weak smile before turning around and following his brother.