Coming Out {30} END

“Is Alex coming over?” Gage asked, pulling his shirt off.

                I nodded. “Yea, he said he’s on his way right now,” I said.

                “Well he better hurry up!” Gav said, also tugging his shirt off.

                We were all going swimming today. It was officially summer time, and I was ready to relax with my boyfriend and best friends for the next couple of weeks.

                “I hear a car pulling into the driveway. It’s probably Alex,” Gage said.

                We moved to the front of my house and, sure enough, there was Collin’s car. Alex got out of the passenger seat and Collin got out of the driver’s seat.

                Collin moved to the trunk of the car and opened it. He tossed a bag at Alex before slamming the trunk.

                “Bye. Text me when you need a ride home,” Collin said, giving Alex a one-armed hug and kissing his forehead.

                “Bye Collin,” Alex said, waving.

                Collin glanced at me and offered me a nod in greeting. I smiled and returned the nod. Collin got in the car and gave a small wave before backing out of my driveway and disappearing down the street.

                Alex had sat down after the senior ball and had a very, very long talk with Collin. He had finally managed to get Collin to stop threatening me and to stop bullying Gage. Collin didn’t like our relationship, but he tolerated it for Alex.

                Alex came over to me and I wrapped my arms around him, kissing him. We pulled away and he blushed and smiled.

                “Ready to swim?” I asked and he nodded.

                Alex was still incredibly quiet, but he had become a bit more talkative. It made me happy when I saw him talking to kids at school. He was finally starting to come out of his shell, even if it was a slow process.

                The four of us went to the backyard and over to the pool. I dipped my foot in and smiled a little. The water felt just perfect!

                “Gage, tell us how it is,” Gav said.

                “What are you talking ab- AH!”

                Gav lifted Gage and threw him into the water. Gage broke the surface, choking and glaring at Gav.

                “I hate you,” he snapped, brushing his wet hair out of his eyes. “So, so much.”

                Gav cackled evilly before cannon-balling in next to Gage. Gage was knocked back underwater and reappeared, choking again.

                “Gav! I’m going to kill you!” he cried furiously.

                Gav swam away, smirking. Gage began to chase him through the water, looking pissed as usual. I laughed and turned to Alex.

                “Let’s get in and break them up before they kill each other,” I said.

                Alex laughed silently and nodded. I took his hand in mine and we jumped into the pool together. I smiled at him and we swam over to Gav and Gage.