Coming Out {10}

“TGIF!” Gav said, flicking his hair dramatically.

                “Wow, it’s Friday?” Gage asked, seeming genuinely surprised.

                I nodded at him and Gav and I laughed. “Get a calendar,” Gav said, poking Gage’s shoulder.

                “Get maturity,” Gage snapped, slapping Gav’s hand away. “Don’t touch me. I hate when people touch me. Unless they’re doing so inappropriately.” A grin spread on his face.

                “Gage, you’re so dirty,” Rose said, rolling her eyes as she came and stood next to me. She smiled at me brightly. “Hi Trav!”

                “Hi Rose,” I said with a small smile.

                The bell rang and I waved to my friends before heading off towards my locker. I reached my locker, put in my combination, and pulled it open.

                I began to exchange a few books, sighing as I realized I needed to find a worksheet for math class. Great. This could take forever with my messy locker.

                “I mean it Josh. If they touch him, they’re dead.”

                I jumped a little and peeked at the locker a few down from mine. Sure enough, there stood Collin Radke and Josh Ferrell.

                “Well, they’re stupid to fuck with Alex. They know they’re going to get their asses kicked for it,” Josh said with a shrug.

                “Whatever. You know Alex won’t tell us if they hit him again, so keep an eye out,” Collin grumbled angrily before storming off down the hall. Josh hurried to follow him.

                Jeez, I wonder who was picking on Alex. Everyone knew how protective Collin was of his brother. Hurting Alex was suicide. Collin would find you and beat you within an inch of your life if you so much as poked his little brother.

                I groaned, realizing that we had gym with the Radke brothers and Josh today. Great, Collin was in a bad mood which meant he was probably going to be extra cruel to poor Gage today. Gage had honestly never done anything wrong to any of them. They picked on him just because he was gay and it wasn’t fair.

                I went to class and suffered through the day until it was time for gym class. I hurried to the locker room, where Gage and Gav were, already changing.

                “Gage, watch out today. I saw Collin this morning and he seemed really pissed off. Someone must keep picking on Alex,” I warned.

                Gage chuckled and shrugged. “Big deal. Get changed and let’s get to gym.”

                He watched me smugly as I pulled my shirt off. I hurriedly changed and followed him and Gav out to the gym.

                “You guys can walk the track or play basketball or volleyball,” coach said after taking attendance.

                The three of us made our way up to the track and began to walk. I kept an eye out for Collin and Josh, but only saw Alex. He was walking by himself, his head down and his shoulders slumped.

                I relaxed a ton, glad they weren’t around. With any luck, they were skipping or had gotten into a fight and were in the principal’s office. I didn’t want those two assholes to hurt Gage just because they were mad.