Coming Out {29}

“You’re dead,” Collin snarled viciously, advancing at me. “You’re fucking dead Travis!”

                Alex stepped in front of me protectively. “Collin, stop it!” he commanded, struggling to be heard over the music.

                Collin stopped in front of Alex, shaking with fury. “Move Alex,” he hissed. “Move so I can kill this stupid fucking faggot.”

                “Collin, stop it! I’m gay! Deal with it!” Alex said, his voice slightly desperate. “If you can’t accept it and let me be with who I want and kiss who I want, then I’m sorry, but I guess I’ll have to…to cut you out of my life.”

                Collin stopped, hurt taking over his furious expression. “Alex,” he said in shock. “I…Don’t say that. Please don’t say that.”

                “I mean it Collin. This is something you’re going to have to learn to deal with. Unless you don’t care about me,” Alex said.

                “Alexander!” Collin cried, frowning deeply. He seemed unable to say anything else.

                “Will you leave us alone?” Alex asked, taking my hand in his.

                Collin bit his lip and nodded reluctantly. “I’ll stop. I promise. Just…don’t cut me out of your life Alex. Please,” he said, dropping his gaze to his feet. “I’m sorry.”

                Alex gave him a weak smile. “Go enjoy the rest of the dance with Bri, Collin. I’m 14. I can handle my own relationships,” he said.

                Collin stared at him, hurt still in his eyes. He turned and disappeared into the crowd of dancing teenagers.

                “I feel horrible,” Alex said, the smile dropping off his face, guilt taking over his features. “I think I really just hurt his feelings. I know I needed to do that, but I feel so bad. I hate hurting Collin.”

                I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a comforting smile. “Hey, it’ll be okay. You guys will work it out. Collin will understand,” I promised.

                Alex turned and offered me a small smile. He pressed his lips to mine and I kissed him back, loving the feeling and so glad I got to do this now.

                “There it is!”

                We pulled apart and glanced at Gage. I narrowed my eyes at him, keeping my arms around Alex. Gage gave me a confused look.

                “What’s the glare for?” he asked.

                “You did that on purpose!” I said.

                “Did what on purpose?” he asked, truly sounding confused.

                “You didn’t actually distract Collin!” I whined.

                The confusion left his face and he shook his head, letting out an annoyed sigh. He gestured to Gav. “I told him you would have 30 seconds. It took him over a minute to freaking find you. By the time he actually found you and told you, I’d already lost Collin’s attention.”

                Gav smiled innocently at us. “Hehe. Whoops.”

                I face-palmed myself and shook my head. “You’re an idiot,” I groaned.