Coming Out {22}

***Trav’s POV***

                “Wal-Mart! Wal-Mart!” Gav sang cheerfully as we walked around the store.

                I rolled my eyes. “Let’s just get some pasta for dinner, and then we can grab some chips and soda,” I said.

                Gav and Gage were going to spend the night at my house tomorrow, so we were picking up some stuff today. I was planning on inviting Alex, too.

                “Hey Trav, your best friend is here,” Gage said, nodding.

                I peeked into the next aisle and paled. Collin and Alex were there together, Collin smiling and talking.

                I pulled my head back before they noticed me. “Collin scares the hell out of me,” I groaned miserably.

                Gav peeked over curiously before raising an eyebrow. “I swear they have some incest thing going on there. Look at them!” he said, keeping his voice down.

                I peeked back over. Collin was holding Alex’s hand and gesturing at a shelf of food. Alex scanned the shelf.

                “You can pick out whatever you want Al. I’ll make it for dinner when we get home,” Collin said, giving Alex a bright smile.

                Alex nodded shyly, reaching out and grabbing something, handing it to Collin. Collin took it and ruffled Alex’s hair affectionately.

                “Hey, cheer up! What’s on your mind?” he asked curiously.

                Alex blushed and shook his head. He began to twirl his hair around his finger, his gaze dropping down to his feet.

                “Come on buddy. We’ll get the rest of the stuff that we need and then we can go home. I’ll make us dinner and we can play catch in the yard, or watch The Boondock Saints,” Collin said.

                Alex smiled a little and nodded. Collin ruffled his hair again, laughing a little.

                “Come on. I know that’s your favorite movie,” Collin said, surprising me a little. Alex didn’t seem like the type of person who would like such a violent movie. Then again, he probably just liked it for the humor.

                Alex nodded again. Collin tugged on his hand and led him out of the aisle and out of my sight. I turned back to my friends and sighed.

                “He’s so different around Alex. I don’t think it’s incest. I think he just really cares about his little brother,” I said honestly.

                “Does anyone ever listen to Gage?” Gage asked in annoyance. “How many times do I have to tell you that their dad has bad lung cancer and their mom spends most of her time at work? Collin pretty much raised Alex. Duh they’re disgustingly close. About as close as brothers can get without crossing over into incest. Collin loves Alex. He’s not in love with him.”

                “Aw Gagey, you’re just jealous that Trav gets Alex and you don’t!” Gav said joyfully.

                “That has nothing to do with the conversation. Although it is slightly true. Alex is still the hottest guy I’ve ever had the pleasure of seeing. I would hit it so hard,” Gage said thoughtfully.