Coming Out {2}

I unlocked my front door and pulled it open. Gage glanced up at us in annoyance and shouldered his way by me.

                “Nice to see you too Gage,” I said, raising an eyebrow at him as I shut the door.

                “Yea, yea, yea. I don’t know why I bother ringing the doorbell when I come here. I need to remember to bring the key from now on,” Gage said in annoyance as he slipped his shoes off.

                “You’re the one who stole our spare key?!” I cried.

                Gage paused. “Whoops. Did I say that? Travie, you know I would never do such a thing,” he said, shooting me an innocent smile.

                I rolled my eyes. “My mom wants that key back. She’s paranoid about who stole it.”

                “Well, she can continue being paranoid. Clearly, I need it,” Gage said, crossing his arms and glaring at me. “When I ring the doorbell, it’s not because I’m checking to see if it works.”

                “We were outside on the trampoline with the music on!” I whined.

                “I don’t care if you’re making sweet, sweet love to Dora. When I ring that doorbell, you answer!” Gage snapped impatiently before storming upstairs.

                I sighed and Gav and I followed him into the living room. He dropped on one of my couches and took the remote, turning on the TV and scrolling through Netflix.

                “Where’s Rose?” Gav asked, dropping next to Gage on the couch.

                I felt a pang of jealousy and sat down on Gage’s other side. Rose was Gage’s cousin, and she was absolutely beautiful. Gav always flirted with her, and I never knew if he was serious or not when he did it.

                Gage shrugged at him. “Don’t know, don’t care. She’s not my responsibility,” he said flatly.

                “She can be my responsibility,” Gav said with a wink.

                “Gross bro. She’s my cousin,” Gage said, punching Gav in the shoulder.

                “Gage, I’m going to have to ask you to leave. I have medomalacuphobia, and you make me deflate faster than a popped balloon,” I said, pointing in the general direction of my front door.

                Gage pouted. “But-”

                “Medo.”

                “I-”

                “Mala.”

                “Seriou-”

                “Cu.”

                “Tra-”

                “Phobia.”

                “Travis Blake stop it!” Gage cried in frustration. He crossed his arms and glared at me. “I am a god amongst men. My impossibly sexy looks put even Alex Pettyfer to shame.”

                “And your height makes the seven dwarves jealous,” I said and Gav snickered.

                Gage flipped me off and glared again. “I am not short!” he whined.