22

We've moved the date!

Mr. Lukas Kozma and Mrs. Lena Kozma
Request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter

Talia Kozma

To

Richard Gram

Son of Mr. Charles Gram and Ms. Dianne Dacosta
Saturday, March 23, 2019 at 5 o'clock in the afternoon

Metropol Banquet
701 S Central Ave
Glendale, CA 91204

Reception and dance will follow!

-

March 10, 2019

"Word around rumor-ville is that VKW is gonna style the boys for the upcoming tour." Sasha picked the lime slice from the rim of her drink, sinking her teeth into it and sucking the juices from it like it was nothing to her.

Xander and Sofia baby sat the kids for the evening, since they were both refusing to leave New York just yet. Richard and I decided not to be in the comfort of the apartment again because consequently nothing good comes out of us being around each other very often. Tension was built, unforgiving words were spoken...it was unhealthy.

Tessa, Alya, and Sasha called me out for drinks and I didn't take a second to hesitate giving them an answer. Sasha led us to some place smacked right in the middle of Times Square. Not my usual setting, and probably not Alya's either, but Sasha knew someone who worked here and got us in for a "discount" - free. The perks of an actress I suppose.

"We shot down that offer so quickly." I aimlessly stirred the contents of sangria that were secluded to a tall skinny glass. "They wanted us to go on tour with them. Never gonna happen."

"It'll just give little boy Irwin a chance to drool over you." Tessa smirked, dipping a French fry in ketchup. I was surprised, greatly surprised, when I saw Tessa today. Her hair was now black with a few pieces a lilac color. I could only imagine her and Michael bonding over dyeing their hair together. "He's been sad, you know?"

"It's his own damn fault." Alya tried hiding the fact that she was rolling her eyes by taking a long drink from her gigantic glass of wine.

"Why do you say that?" Sasha and Tessa asked together.

"We always forget you guys were lover.?" Sasha cooed annoyingly, scrunching the end of her bob like it was second nature to her.

"If that's what you want call us, then sure." I shrugged, stealing a fry from Tessa. "I met him New Years Eve 2013 and things just took off from there, but Sarah was always a difficult variable for us to surpass..."

"Fucking Sarah!" Tessa shouted, getting glares from others that were around us. "Oops..."

Sasha waved them off. "Continue."

"In September 2014, I was here in New York and Ashton was on tour and Sarah showed up to a show and they had sex...we ended things after that." I sensed I was being quite vague with the factors concerning Ashton and I, but really, why would I want to go into detail when I already lived through it and thought about them every night? On the other hand, I didn't want to bore the life out of them with Ashton's idiocy. The four of us seemed to be well-educated on the foolishness known as Ashton.

"That bitch!" Sasha hissed.

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" Tessa's tone came out sympathetic. I couldn't allow her to feel bad about me or about something that happened years ago, even if I still felt terrible about it.

"You two were so excited about getting us together even though we're both engaged. Alya and I didn't want to ruin the excitement." I shared a look with Alya who nodded in response. "It's all really idiotic."

Yeah, idiotic. All of it. I couldn't believe I was still worked up about it.

"Oh it's no such thing, T!" Sasha scooted closer to me, wrapping an arm over my shoulders. "You were just saving us the embarrassment. It's cool. I'd do the same for you."

"As would I." Tessa smiled.

I had never felt more greater sense of friendship than I had with these girls. Luke could be the exclusion, but for a certain span of time.

"How are things going with the wedding?" Alya sat up straighter. She complained about how she typically had terrible posture and I would always find her reminding herself to sit up so she didn't end up looking like The Hunchback of Notre Dame. A relatively grand exaggeration that was amusing.

"All right, it's a bit of a hassle trying to move everything forward, but I can't complain." Both my mom and Richard's were probably sent into heart attacks when we told them the news about getting married this month. They somehow were finding the energy to run around and help us out and persuade certain people involved in the theatrics of the wedding to work sooner than expected. "I'm one day closer to being married."

Sasha and Tessa gushed over the engagement ring that they were seeing for the first time in person.

"Speaking of the wedding. I want all of you girls to stand in the wedding."

A cue of dumbfounded looks burned through my skin until they suddenly started voicing their agreements to it.

"Then it's settled! I've found someone to do the dresses on such short notice. I'll schedule an appointment for Friday morning, sound good?" They all nodded, pulling out their phones and entering it in their calendars. My mom was flying in tomorrow to be here for the bridesmaids dresses and help with the kids and Xander and Sofia were not planning on leaving until we all had to go back to California for the wedding.

"On the note of secrets and wedding..." The pads of Tessa's fingers drummed against the table. "Um..." She dug through her purse. "I don't want to take the spotlight from Talia, but..." She placed her left hand on the table. "Mikey and I have been engaged for five months now and we plan on getting married next month." Light beamed off her ring, possibly blinding someone here. It was small, but still so gorgeous and it definitely gave off the impression that it was something Michael chose himself knowing Tessa was not a very extravagant person. She wouldn't be caught sporting a gemologists dream on her fingers.

"You guys are probably thinking we're crazy." She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "But that's Mikey and I. We've been crazy from the start. We've never taken things slow. I love him and he loves me, we have no doubts that this is what we want."

Strangers were irritated with the four squealing, giggling, hugging girls sitting off to the corner, happily congratulating their friend. Michael deserved Tessa. Tessa deserved Michael. They were truly the definition of perfect if it really existed.