Friends (2)

(Ella pictured above)

October 9th, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Y/N's House
10:36 AM

Y/N POV
"Babe you listening?", Ella asked causing me to flinch.

"Of course I am", I lied.

"Really? Then what did I just say?"

"I don't know", I chuckled.

"Babe I'm talking about the wedding c'mon listen"

Ella rolled her eyes at me and continued rambling about our wedding but my mind was completely somewhere else. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. I just couldn't get my mind off of Ariana. I think that maybe what I said to her was a bit too harsh but at the same time what I said was the truth.

"Babe you're still not listening!", she said throwing a pillow at me.

"Ouch babe I'm sorry", I said honestly. "I'm just kind of tired and it doesn't help that it's 10 in the morning"

"Well maybe if you don't come home at 4 in the morning then you won't be so tired?", she said with a straight face.

"You looked at the time last night?"

"Of course I did", she said rolling her eyes at me.

"Babe I'm sorry but things just took a bit longer than usual okay?"

"Hmph sure", she said looking through the wedding book.

"C'mon you know I work late nights sometimes. It's my job"

"Yeah yeah I know", she sighed.

"You're not mad at me right?", I questioned.

"No but you do realize that when we get married and have kids you're going to have to start coming home earlier right?"

"Yes but we're not married yet or have kids baby so we have plenty of time"

"Yeah I guess so", she sighed.

I watched as Ella gently looked through the wedding book before tossing it to the side. She grabbed her phone off of the bed and checked a few messages before looking over at me. After a few seconds, Ella rolled out of bed and threw on a few clothes that were laying next to my bed.

"Where you going?", I asked confused.

"The girls just texted saying that they want to go shopping. Besides I'm tired of staying inside all day"

I actually didn't mind Ella leaving the house for awhile. I kind of think that she's staying at my place way too often but I know that I'm going to eventually have to get used to it.

"Okay then have fun babe"

"I'll try but I actually need some cash baby", she said giving me a face.

"How much?", I sighed.

"Well, I want to buy this really cute dress and it costs $9000——"

"$9000?! Are you crazy?", I said almost choking.

"They only have like 4 left in stores babe"

"Ella I just gave you money last week. What happened to that?"

"I spent it all! Besides why are you acting like you don't have the money anyway?", she nagged.

"Because you run through money like it's water"

"Are you going to give it to me or not?"

"Fine whatever Ella"

A huge smile landed on Ella's face and she ran over to me and gave me a prolonged kiss on the lips. I swear I don't understand how she spends the money that I give her so quickly. It's really starting to get on my nerves at this point.

"Thanks baby you're the best", she said pulling away.

"You're welcome", I said mentally rolling my eyes.

"Are you going to the studio again tonight?", she asked me.

"I think so"

"Okay well I'll probably sleep by my place tonight then"

"Alright I'll text you later"

"Okay I love you", she said quietly.

"I love you too babe"

I watched as Ella grabbed the rest of her things and walked out of my bedroom. As soon as she left the house, everything went quiet and my mind immediately went on Ariana again. I think that me seeing her last night brought up some unresolved feelings between us. I laid back down in bed and threw the covers over me so that I could get some shut eye before my studio session later on tonight. As I slowly drifted off into a sleep, my phone buzzed under my sheets a few times. I let out a loud groan before grabbing my phone and answering without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?", I said sluggishly.

"Oh hey Y/N. I didn't think you were going to pick up", I heard Ariana's sweet voice through the phone.

I jumped up when my brain actually registered Ari's voice. I swear every time I hear her it makes everything feel so much better. I shot up in bed and started to fix myself as if she could see me until I caught what I was actually doing.

"Uh hey Ari. What's up?", I said stuttering a bit.

"Um I couldn't stop thinking about what you said last night"

"Yeah about that I'm sorry I guess I was kind of harsh and——"

"No you weren't actually and I'm sorry because I was stupid for the break up"

"It's alright you're not stupid", I chuckled.

"Do you think we can go back to being friends?", Ariana asked.

Before I could respond, Ella burst through my bedroom door causing me to quickly hang up my cellphone. I tossed my phone to the side and I just hoped that she didn't hear that I was on the phone. I watched her as she looked all over my room until she finally grabbed her lipgloss in the corner of my room.

"Sorry babe I just forgot my lipstick", she said walking over to give me a kiss on the lips.

"That's alright", I said quickly.

"Why do you look so jumpy?", she giggled.

"You scared me babe", I said honestly.

"Right", she chuckled as she headed out of my bedroom. "Anyways I'll see tomorrow", she said closing my door behind her.

"Bye"

I let out a huge sigh when I heard my front door slam. I could feel my heart jumping out of my chest but I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone once more. I went straight to my messages to send Ariana a text apologizing for my hang up.

[Y/N]: sorry about that

[Y/N]: my fiancé walked in

[Ari]: it's okay I get it

[Y/N]: friends right?

[Ari]: friends 😊

————————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*