Suspicious (15)

(Ariana pictured above)

November 23rd, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Ariana's House
7:15 PM

Y/N POV
I took the very first available flight out to LA to get to Ariana's house. The only flight I could get onto on a holiday was around 1 pm and trust me after 6 hours on a flight I'm pretty exhausted. I know I overreacted last night and raised my voice when I really didn't have to and now I'm trying to make amends but Ari's not answering any of my texts or calls. I get it, I mean it is Thanksgiving Day after all and she was having a dinner party at her place. I didn't tell her that I was coming, mostly because I know she wouldn't let me in.

"Thanks for the ride Lani", I said honestly.

"You sure you don't want me to come in?", she asked.

"Nah I'm good"

"Alright just text me if you need me"

I nodded my head and got my bag out of Kehlani's car. I quickly closed her door and strapped my bag around my body before walking up Ariana's steps. There were still a lot of cars in her driveway and I could hear music and people talking from the inside. I was hoping that people would be gone by now but when there's free food people don't know how or when to leave. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited for someone to open the door but no one came to the door. I turned the nob gently and it was unlocked so I just let myself in.

When I walked in, I was surprised to see that there were at least about 50-100 people inside of the house. This was not a dinner party. It was more like an actual party. It was pretty loud so I kind of understand why no one answered the door. I put my bag down to the side and walked around to look for Ariana. I don't know most of the people that are in here but I spotted Victoria and I knew that Ariana had to be close.

"Victoria!", I called out.

"Y/N? Aren't you supposed to be in New York?", she questioned me.

"Long story. Have you seen my girlfriend?", I asked.

"She's outside in the back"

"Ok thanks"

"Oh Y/N?", Victoria called out.

"Yeah?"

"Just so you know she's a little drunk"

"Okay", I sighed.

I walked out to the back and saw Ariana sitting at a bench sipping on some alcohol. She sat around Courtney and a few other people just talking I guess. Her friends probably spotted me and said something so she decided to turn around and look at me walking towards her. Once they saw me getting closer, the people around her decided to walk away from the bench to leave us alone.

"Well look who decided to show up", she said with a straight face. "What are you doing here?", she asked slurring her words.

"You're not answering my texts or calls so I figured this was the only way to talk to you"

"You sent me a text? I haven't had my phone on me all day", she said sarcastically.

"Can we go inside and talk?", I asked.

"Are you serious?", she laughed.

"What's so funny?"

"The fact that you flied all the way back to LA just to say that"

"How many drinks have you had?", I asked.

"Not enough"

I know Ari was a little drunk but her attitude was starting to get to me. I've seen her like this before. When we were together before she'd get drunk and say a lot of shit that she'd regret in the morning.

"Are you gonna come inside or not?", I asked.

"No thanks I'm good out here"

"Babe you're drunk okay? I think that we should just talk about this inside"

"How about you leave me the fuck alone okay?", she yelled loudly.

I didn't respond but instead I grabbed Ariana from the bench and carried her in my arms. She tried to put up a fight and people stared but I carried her inside to her bedroom upstairs. I gently put her down on the bed and after I closed and locked the door, we both just stared at each other.

"Are you done being mean to me?", I asked.

"Are you done being an asshole to me?", she said in return.

"I didn't even do anything"

"I'm talking about last night"

"Oh", I said quietly. "I wanted to apologize about that. I didn't mean anything I said it's just that Ella has been annoying the fuck outta me"

"And what happens the next time she annoys you? You're just going to take it out on me?"

"No and I wish I could take yesterday back baby but I can't. I know I was disrespectful and I'm sorry about that"

Ariana just stared at me and didn't say anything. I could tell that she was collecting her thoughts, trying to figure out what she wanted to tell me.

"Do you think you moved on too fast?", she asked me.

"No of course not"

"Then why did you ask me that a few days ago?"

"Because Ella started to get in my head babe but now I don't care what she fucking thinks"

Ariana smiled and slowly reached in for a kiss but missed my mouth completely. It was cute but the laugh she spat out after doing it made me smile. There's no way I'm letting this woman go again. She means too much to me.

"You want to go back out there and enjoy the party?", I asked.

"Yeah but let me use the bathroom first"

"Okay"

Ariana slowly got off of her bed and I watched as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. After a few seconds, I heard a buzzing noise in her room like a phone vibrating. I looked all over Ariana's bed and then looked under and saw her phone ringing. When I picked it up, a ton of unread messages and calls popped up on Ariana's phone. Most of them were from me and obviously work but one message stood out to me.

[Unknown]: princess we still on for lunch tomorrow?

"Oh you found my phone?", she asked walking out of the bathroom. "Where was it?"

"Under your bed", I said handing it to her.

"Thank you"

Ariana tip toed slightly to kiss me on the lips but my mind was still focused on that text. She didn't say anything about going anywhere.

"This is random but um what are doing tomorrow?", I asked.

"Probably just gonna stay home and chill"

"So I can stay the night then? That's cool with you?"

"Uh I don't really know"

"I thought you said you didn't have to do anything?"

"Yeah but what if something comes up? I don't want to leave you here by yourself", she said worryingly.

I frowned my eyebrows at how bad she wanted me to go home tonight. She usually wants me to stay so her behaving like this was surprising. I trust Ariana and I don't want to start having doubts about our relationship. That's the last thing that I'd want for us.

"You know what? You're right I'll just go home tonight"

Ariana smiled and kissed my lips gently before pulling away. I don't know what she's up to but whatever it is doesn't feel right.

————————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*