Expecting (7)

(Ella pictured & Ariana' s performance above)

November 3rd, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Republic Records Recording Studio
10:39 PM

Y/N POV
"You want another slice?", I asked Ariana.

"No thanks I'm pretty full", she said letting out a quiet yawn.

It's pretty late at night and all I really want to do is finish up with this song. We've been in the studio for a few hours and I'm so ready to be done. We both are. Pharrell left us here about an hour ago to wrap up the song and Ariana and I are just putting the last touch on it.

"So are you going to the AMA's?", Ariana asked.

"Nope I have a studio session with Chris Brown that morning and I don't feel like I'd be up for it", I said happily. "Besides you know I can't stand going to those awards unless I absolutely have to"

"Yeah I know", she chuckled.

"What about you? Are you going?"

"No I only go when I have to perform"

"Very interesting", I chuckled.

"What?", she questioned eagerly.

"Well speaking of performances, I watched your performance with Nicki last year", I smirked. "I must say it was quite sexy", I chuckled. (A/N: Ariana's performance in media)

Ariana jokingly rolled her eyes and gently punched me on the side of my arm. Her fist was so tiny that I barely felt her hit but it was cute that she tried.

"You know that was supposed to be a compliment", I said honestly.

"Well thanks for laughing while you said it", she laughed.

"You're very welcome"

"You know when I perform my first single for this album you better be there"

"I will once you invite me"

I looked over as she sat down scrolling through her phone. Things between us haven't really progressed since the other night at the bowling alley and I don't have any idea what's really on her mind when it comes to us. She flirts with me all the time and we talk all day everyday but something's missing. I don't know what it is but I do know that I need some confirmation about us. It seems like all the tabloids assume that we're together when in reality we don't even know what we want.

"Alright I'm done", I said breaking my thoughts.

"Uhh yay"

Ariana began to pack her things and I did the same. I saved the track and shut down the computer before grabbing my things.

"So what are you doing for the rest of the night?", I questioned.

"Going to bed because I have an interview really early tomorrow morning. You?"

"Same except for the interview"

"Lucky you", she smiled.

Silence filled the studio and I watched as Ariana got up out of her chair and threw her bag across her arm. Even with her hair all messy she looked beautiful as ever. I wanted to say something before she left but I just didn't know what to say. I haven't dated in so long so this is all pretty foreign to me again.

"Let me take you out", I blurted out quickly.

"Huh?"

"I mean can I take you out on like a real date tomorrow night without our friends being there?", I asked nervously.

"A date?"

"Mhm like dinner and a movie"

"Yeah I'd actually really like that", she said smiling.

"Okay cool", I smiled back. "I'll pick you up tomorrow night then?"

"Okay I'll see you tomorrow"

I let out a huge breath of relief when Ariana left the studio. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the hundreds of unread messages on my screen. It's usually a bunch of artists looking for me to make a beat for them or get a studio session with me. I think it's about time for me to get another assistant because usually Ella used to help me organize my texts but now they're all a mess.

I shut off the studio light, walked out to my car and sped off to my place. When I pulled into my yard, I immediately rolled my eyes at the car parked in my driveway. I don't know why she was here but I want her to go. I put my car in park and shut my engine off before walking to the front door and seeing Ella sitting on my porch.

"Hey Y/N", she said standing up.

"What are you doing here Ella?", I asked completely annoyed.

"I really need to talk to you"

"Ella it's really late and it's almost midnight"

"I know but it's really urgent I swear"

I grabbed my keys out of my pocket and unlocked my front door before walking inside and letting her in behind me. I walked into my living and took a seat on the couch and Ella did the same. Whatever she needed to talk to me about better be something serious because I'm just tired of seeing her face.

"Okay so what is it?", I questioned.

"Promise me that you won't get upset okay?"

"Well I can't promise that but whatever it is I'm sure I can handle it"

"I'm pregnant"

My heart sank straight into my chest when I heard those words. There is no way that Ella is pregnant. She couldn't be. She told me that she was on birth control and even when we did it, I always strapped up regardless.

"You're kidding me right?", I asked.

"No I went to the doctor yesterday and got my blood tested"

"But I always wore protection and you told me that you were on birth control", I said honestly. "So you were lying about that too?"

"No I wasn't", she scoffed. "It's not 100 percent"

I mentally rolled my eyes and paced around the room. I don't really know what to think about this. I hate to think this way but how do I even know if the baby is mine? For all I know that can be anyone's baby and I refuse to let her play mind games with me. It's amazing how all of a sudden Ariana and I are getting close again and now she wants to come back telling me this.

"I don't want to be an asshole Ella but with everything that we've been through are you sure that the baby is mine?", I questioned.

"Excuse me?", she asked giving me a nasty look.

"That's a fair question. All you have to do is answer yes or no."

"Yes Y/N I'm sure that the baby is yours and I would think that you'd be at least a little happy about it but I guess not", she said standing up. "I'm just gonna go and you can call me when you want to be an adult about this"

I watched as Ella walked out of my house and slammed the front door behind her. I was going to go after her but at the moment I have a lot of things on my mind. It was always hard for me to tell when Ella was lying to my face so who am I to say that she's not lying to me now. Don't get me wrong it would be pretty cool to have a mini me around but with her? I couldn't fathom the thought of spending another 18 years looking at the person who's probably cheated on me more times than I can think of. I don't really know if I could trust her.

—————————————————
*COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE*