Potential (28)

(Ella pictured above)

December 31st, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Victoria's House
11:46 PM

Y/N POV
"Would you shut the fuck up Kehlani?", I said yelling over the loud music.

"What the fuck crawled up your ass tonight?", she yelled back.

"I'm sorry", I said sighing. "I'm just a little stressed out"

"What's up?"

"Ella hasn't been picking up my fucking phone calls and I'm pretty sure the results come back any day now"

"Well relax I'm sure she'll come around"

"Yeah I guess but there's also Ariana's ex boyfriend who seems to be everywhere that I fucking go"

"Want me to kill him for you?", she laughed.

"Trust me I wish it were that easy"

I felt Ariana sneak up behind me and wrap her arms around my waist as Kehlani and I played air hockey. Out of nowhere she grabbed my crotch and then let go quickly causing me to jump and inevitably lose the air hockey game.

"Ha!", Kehlani screamed. "You owe me 100 bucks and I'll be back in a few minutes to get my shit", Kehlani laughed.

I watched Kehlani walk away with some female as I turned around to look at Ariana who had this big grin on her face. She was a little drunk I could tell but drunk Ariana is cute sometimes when she's in a good mood. Angry Ariana on the other hand is a completely different story when she's drunk.

"Oh I'm sorry babe", Ariana giggled referring to the game.

"It's alright", I smiled.

"Can we leave?", she asked.

"Why are you bored?"

I watched as Ariana slowly tiptoed to whisper slightly in my ear.

"I want you to take me home and fuck me on the kitchen counter... please", she whispered.

As Ariana planted her feet fully back on the ground, I looked down at her and smiled. She pulled me in for a kiss but I could taste the liquor on her breath.

"Babe let's just stay for a little longer"

"Uh why?", she groaned.

"I'm kind of having fun at Victoria's place"

"Fine just hurry", she said rolling her eyes.

Truth is I prefer not to have sex with Ariana when she's drunk and I'm sober. It's too weird for me. I watched as everyone gathered around in one section watching the countdown on the screen. We had a few seconds before the final countdown began. Ariana followed behind me as I gathered in the crowd with everyone else. Everyone stared at the screen and started counting down from 10 but it got louder when the number 3 popped up on the screen.

"3"

"2"

"1!"

"Happy New Year!", everyone screamed in unison.

Instantly I could hear the fireworks blasting outside from the inside of Victoria's house. I turned to Ariana and planted my lips onto hers for a few seconds before slightly pulling away with a smile on my face. She looked so happy and now she was ready to get the fuck out of Victoria's place.

"C'mon", she said pulling me towards the front door.

"Babe——"

"Shh!", she said placing her finger over my mouth. "We're leaving"