2.

sunsets

Sunset is the perfect time to sit on the roof, the mixture of colors like a painting in the sky. It's like mother nature's on art canvas. Us humans, like visitors at a museum. Blue, pink, and purples. I take a drag of my cig, that taking a drink of beer I had stolen from my Aunts fridge.

"Isn't it past your bedtime, Sweetheart," A far-too familiar voice calls from below me, I snap my head down and my eyes lock with Steven.

"What are you doing here," I spit to the boy, who's flashing a devilish grin towards me, those sunglasses that were once clipped to his shirt are now resting on the bridge of his nose.

"I came to say hello," He gives me a wave and I roll my eyes.

"Did you follow me home or something, creep?" I scowl at him, tucking a loose strand of hair that the wind has blown into my face behind my ear.

"I live right there, Sweetheart." He points the house directly across from my house. Honestly, I didn't know anyone even lived there.

The house looks as if it's been through hell. There's plastic lawn chairs thrown all over, the grass is barely grass. It's dead and brown, and some of the windows are even boarded up.

"It's a lovely house," I scoff sarcastically and I hear a chuckle from below me.

I forgot about the cigarette in my hand, and it's pretty much burnt out by now, so I take one more hit. I then flick it towards Steven, hoping to hit him but it lands just beside him.

I take a look at the sky, now a mixture of dark blues and a hint of magenta. Then, I look at the man standing below my on my front lawn.

If he wasn't such a resentful person, he'd be decently attractive. I roll my eyes at my thoughts and he speaks.

"You really don't like me, do you?" He asks and I laugh. Like, I actually laugh.

"What makes you think that?" I say, kind of rudely.

"You're oh-so-kind to me it just makes my heart melt," He says, placing his hand over his heart.

"You're a terrible flirter, Steven Hyde," I say to him, almost in a friendly way.

"Who said I was flirting with you, Doll?" He says humorously, and I cringe at the new name he has given me.

"Oh, so now I'm Doll?" I roll my eyes, biting my lip as I hold back a smile.

"You can be anything you want to be," He smirks and I groan.

"I'm going in, I've had enough of you," I start to crawl back into my window.

"Can I have that beer?" He asks and I look at him, he gives me a smile and I roll my eyes—once again.

Then, like the kind human being I am, I hold the beer over the edge, telling him to catch and he holds out his hands. I let the drink slip from my grip and miss his hands on purpose.

The bottle lands on the cement, right in front of him and I give him a phony frown.

"Oops," I shrug and crawl back inside.

Then, before I am able to shut my window, I hear him call out "Goodnight, Sweetheart." I give him the finger, right before sliding the window shut and locking it, just incase he decides to crawl in.

I make sure my curtains are closed, in case that creep is still out there. Then I strip off my clothes, opening my drawers.

I throw a Led Zeppelin t-shirt that is just a tad too big over my head and slide on a pair of black cotton pants, then head straight to the bathroom and brush my teeth before walking back to my room and crawling into my bed, tucking myself in the covers and closing my eyes, allowing myself to fall asleep.