18.

The dark side of the moon.

I've been helping Hyde for almost an hour. And my help, I mean handing him whatever he needs or holding something for him as he lays under the car.

I sit atop a work bench in Eric's garage and Pink Floyds album "Dark Side of The Moon" is playing.

"Hand my that," He points to a tool on the table and I reach for it. "No, next to that," he stops me and I move my hand and grab the tool, jumping down and handing.

"I'm going to go inside for a minute," I say and hear him grunt.

"Okay, Sweetheart," He says and I trot inside and meet Kitty in the kitchen.

"Hey, Hon. I baked some cookies, feel free to take as many as you want. Oh! There's soda in the fridge, help yourself to anything," She says, washing her dishes.

"Thank you Mrs. Forman." I say and take a chocolate chip cookie from the platter and bite into it.

Kitty wipes her hands on her apron and grabs a cookie as well, sitting across from me.

"So, you and Hyde." She giggles and I feel my face turn red and hot.

"Hyde is such a sweetheart," She says and I grin.

"He is," I say back.

"I remember the first time Eric ever brought him around, Red hated him because he listened to rock music and smoked cigarettes. And I was worried to let Eric hang around him like that, but I got to know him and he is such a sweet boy!" She laughs and I just smile.

Hyde walks in, hair pushed back and grease covering his face. His hands are filthy with grease and be opens the fridge, grabbing a beer and sipping it.

"Cars done," He says and I stand.

"I'll see you later, Mrs. Forman," I say and wave goodbye to her with a smile.

"See ya, kitty," Hyde waves bye and we walk out together and climb in the car.