25.

breaking news

The sun is beginning to set and I rest my head against the window, closing my eyes and letting the sound of the wind put me to sleep.

Hyde wakes me, telling me he's stopping for gas, and I rub the sleep from my eyes.

"How far are we?" I mumble sleepily.

"Couple hours, we'll be home by morning." He grabs some cash from the center console and crawls out of the car, and I'm far too sleepy to stop him this time.

While he's away, I here a breaking news report come over the radio quietly. I stir and sit up, pulling my eyebrows together.

I move my hand to turn it up, and focus on what the man is saying.

"A local gas station owner was found shot to death in Wisconsin early this morning. Surveillance shows a black El Camino and a unidentifiable man. If anyone has anymore details please contact your local police immediately."

My stomach turns and I turn the radio off. I move my hands to my head and rest my elbows on my knees.

In the corner of my eye, I can see Hyde walking out of the establishment. His boots scrape against the concrete.

He stops at the car and bends down, tossing some snacks through the window.

"Breaking news, Local man found shot to death in gas station." I say coldly, repeating the radios words.

I watch Hydes head fall and a sigh escapes his lips.

"Lana, I'm sorry." He says softly, but doesn't look up at me.

"Okay." I say.

He sighs, pumps the gas and gets back in the car.

"You can't be mad at me forever," His voice fills the silent car.

I cross my arms. "I don't want to talk about this. I want to go home." I roll my eyes and rest my head on the cold window.

I feel the car jerk and the car pulls off, hitting a bump on our way out.

I smack my head on the window.

"Fuck," I mumble.

"I'm sorry," Steven says, his hand moving to my thigh.

"I just wanna be home," I pout with annoyance.

"We're going home, Sweetheart."

I'm sorry this is so bad $;&)@@6 I felt bad for not updating in like, 4 years so this is just sorta a filler chapter and it's so bad but i'm writing a few more chapters so expect those soon!!

also ty ty ty for 21k reads!!! It really means a lot.

I love you guys <3 xoxo