20.

on the road.

Hyde and I left as soon as possible, we packed and headed straight for the car.

"Where to?" He asks, one hand on the wheel and the other placed on my thigh.

"Follow the sunset," I say with a
smirk, looking at him as his shades cover his face.

"East it is," He smirks and drives off, leaving this shit town behind.

"First stop, gas." He says and pulls into a deserted parking lot.

He messes with something in the back then looks at me with a smile.

He climbs out the car, and I crawl over to his seat and put my head out the window, calling his name.

He stops and tuns around.

"Yes Sweetheart?" He says, bending down so his face meets mine.

"Get some snacks," I say with a smile, kissing his lips softly.

"Yes ma'am," He turns around and disappears into the gas station. I move back into my seat and click the radio on.

'Baba O'reily' starts playing and I slightly bob my head with the beat. I run my fingers through my hair.

Moments later, Hyde trots out with a handful of snacks. He sets them on the drivers seat and winks at me before heading to fill the tank.

I rummage through the goodies and my eyes land on a bag of Twizzlers. My favorite. I smile and rip open the bag.

I begin to munch on them and Hyde crawls back in, putting the snacks on the back seat and takes a cigarette out of his pack and pulling it between his lips.

"Light?" He asks and I pull a lighter from my back pocket, holding it to the cancer stick and lighting it. He inhales deeply, pulling the cigarette out with his index and middle finger.

"Thank you, Sweetheart," He winks and starts the car, pulling out of the parking lot.

We drive until the sun is completely set, it's around ten o'clock and we decide to stop at the cheapest motel we could find and decide to settle there for the night.