13.

the beach

We spend the rest of the day at the beach. Laughing, playing, yelling. Hour upon hours.

The sun is scorching hot, so we all cool of in the water and splash each other, besides Jackie.

Jackie lays on a towel in the sun, a pair of designer shades cover her eyes.

We call for her to come in multiple times, but she just ignores us so we continue to splash around.

"Let's play chicken!" One of the boys shouts. So we decide that I'll be on Hyde's shoulders and Donna will be on Eric's.

"Are you gonna be able to hold her," Hyde jokes as Donna climbs on on Eric's shoulders.

"Are you calling me fat?!" Donna acts insulted with a giggle.

"I'm calling him weak," He laughs and I climb up on Hyde's shoulders. His arms wrap around my calves, keeping me stable.

"Okay on the count of three," Hyde says and Kelso begins counting.

"Three!" He shouts and Donna and I begin to wrestle. I feel Hyde struggle under me, but In don't give up.

Finally, Donna and I collapse at the same time and I get ready to drop under the water.

Once I'm submerged, I begin to swim up.

Once I'm up, I begin laughing and so does everyone else.

Then, I just stand for a moment. I adore my new friends. I didn't know that moving here could make me so happy, and feel so wanted.

I haven't even known them for a week but I can tell they're going to be family in no time.

A couple moments later, we decide to take a break so we all join Jackie on the shore.

Times like these remind me of my parents.

My mind wanders to Maxx and I splashing each other in the water as my parents watch lovingly.

They were so in love, the way they looked at each other made me want someone to look at me the way my father looked at my mother.

I feel a tear drip from my eyes and I quickly wipe it away.

My eyes shoot over to Hyde, who's eyes are glued on me.