26.

got a spare?

The ride is silent, and tense. I want to scream at Steven, and tell him how stupid he is.

This was supposed to be a good thing, we were supposed to get away, and have fun.

But I'm having the opposite of fun. My head is pounding and I'm starving, but I feel too sick to my stomach to eat.

We're riding down the freeway, going at least 80.

The sun has set, and the weather has dropped a bit. There's nothing but headlights and wind.

I prop my legs on the dashboard and sigh.

Seconds later, a popping sound echoes loudly causing Hyde and I to both jump. He jerks the car a bit and my legs fly down.

"Shit," He mumbles, pulling over to the side of the road, the car bouncing as we make our way over.

Phenomenal.

I sigh and he turns off the car.

"It's fine, just stay in the car." He says. "Hand me the flashlight from the glove box," He says. I roll my eyes and sit up, grabbing the heavy object and dropping it in his hands.

He climbs out the car with a groan and I watch him walk back, pointing the light at the back left tire.

I get out, too and walk over to him, shivering slightly.

"You got a spare?" I ask and he looks up at me, slowly shaking his head as his jaw clenches.

"It's a junked car, and it's stolen so the spare is probably on the car already." I sigh and throw my head back, looking straight to the stars.

"I saw a mechanic shop a couple miles back," I say and he stands.

"But they're looking for my car," He says and I scoff.

"I know." I turn angrily and get back in the car, slamming the door shut.

A moment later, he comes back to the car.

"There's a convenient store a couple minutes away, I'm gonna walk over." I snap my head in his direction and scoff once again.

"You're gonna walk?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm gonna call foreskin." I chuckle at the nickname.

"I'll come with you," I say, pushing open the door and getting out, walking around the car.

We start the journey in the dark.