29.

big trouble

I sit alone in my room and flip through the handful of shows on the television before landing on the dating game.

I keep my eyes focused on the tv, but don't actually watch it as I fall down a hole of thoughts.

Where's Hyde? Is he okay? Is he going to go to prison? Am I going to go to prison? What's Maxx doing?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when the door clicks open and my nurse pokes her head.

A smile covers her face and I sit up excitedly.

"You've got some visitors." She opens the door more to present Eric, Donna, Kelso and Jackie.

My face lights up at the sight of the kids.

"Oh my god, Lana, are you okay?" Donna says, worry laced in her voice. She rushes over to take a seat in the chair where Detective Jacobs previously sat.

"I'm okay."

"Have you heard anything about Hyde?" Eric asks, following Donna over.

"No.." I say, barely audible as I shake my head slowly.

"Listen, I'm so sorry about what happened." Donna says, so gently. She places her hand over mine and smiles.

"Do you think he's gonna get locked up?" I say, tears fighting their way out.

"Listen," Jackie rushes over. "Don't worry about that right now. We're all worried about him, but you're okay and that's all that matters."

I smile at her and nod my head. "Thanks Jackie."

"I'm really glad you guys are here." I say and they all smile.

"We just wanted to make sure you were okay. You guys left so suddenly and then not even a day later there was this huge story about a murder, then Hyde was arrested and we were just worried." Eric says, wrapping his arms around Donna's shoulder.

"I'm okay. You guys haven't heard anything?" I ask and they all shake their heads.

I feel the frown form on my face and I look at the floor.

"I'm just so confused. Everything was fine, I thought. But then when we were in the convenient store I just had a yucky feeling." I pull my eyebrows together and shake my head with my thoughts.

"Did you know?" Donna asks.

"About the murder?" Kelso add, the Jackie hits him in the back of the head.

A tear falls and I shake my head.

"Why didn't you say anything, Lana?" Eric asks and I shrug coldly.

"I don't know, I just...I guess I was scared." I say, then nod confidently. "I was scared." I repeat.

I feel so numb to the situation, sort of like it's a dream. Like, I could wake up at any given moment and everything would be fine. But it's not.

I'm in big trouble.