Chapter 5

Hallway of S.T.A.R Labs

"It started when I first met Barry." Kara began to explain, "He came in from this wormhole that he created at the same time I got thrown out a window by this girl that calls herself Silver Banshee now. I was knocked out for a second, but in that split second that I was knocked out the Flash comes in, runs up the side of the building, and catches me. When I came to I was in is arms and he had rescued me. It was one of the most magical moments of my life. I always do the saving, but this time I was the one being saved. I know it's kind of cheesy, but I always had a fantasy that my prince charming would one day come in and sweep me off my feet."

"Something about you tells me you're into those tacky romantic comedies." Killer Frost commented.

"Yeah. But anyway back to the story. When he finally stopped and put me back on the ground I wanted so badly to unmask my hero, but of course Silver Banshee was still loose in the city so I took no time to interact with him at all. When we met later things just got better. I got to meet him officially, got to know his fun cute nerdy personality, and best of all I was finally able to see-"

"His delicious face." Killer Frost finished with a mischievous smile.

"Not the word I'd use, but yeah." Kara said giggling, "Things kept getting better and honestly I've never been happier. He was only there one day and yet it was probably the best day I ever had since I arrived on Earth. I had such a bad experience with this horrible material called Red Kryptonite a couple of days before he came. That stuff made me lose everything. My friends, family, job, and worst of all the city's trust in Supergirl. But when he came into my life it was like I had everything again, even more then what I started with. The day he was leaving, he said that he needed a boost to get through the parallel worlds... I almost didn't do it."

"But, you being the 'hero' again, you sent the one man that brought you the most joy in the world back through a portal, without knowing whether or not if you would get a chance to see him again. Ha. Only a superhero. That's why I live on the antihero side, get to keep the things I love." Killer Frost laughed.

"After he left things got even worse." Kara continued, "My city was corrupted with a mind controlled device from my evil uncle and then the guy I thought I loved suddenly didn't seem all that great to me. I thought James was a great guy and that I might of loved him, but I didn't."

"You experienced what real love was when Barry came into your life, and when you compared what you felt for Barry, who literally was only in your life for one day, to that of a guy that you have known longer, you easily saw through the fake love you had towards, what's his name, James." Killer Frost analyzed.

"Yeah." Kara said hanging her head, "To this day I feel guilty for what I did to him. I tried to play it off as if my job as Supergirl was getting in the way of us working, but I lied. I hated myself for doing that. I was so angry with myself that I made a promise to forget about my feelings for Barry, and that the next guy I got into a relationship I would be fully devoted to him. I would not compare him to Barry or anyone else."

"How long did it take before you found your next man." Killer Frost said with a smile.

"Like four hours later." Kara said twirling her fingers together refusing to look at her.

"Damn girl. You work fast." Killer Frost said surprised.

"No, it's not like that. It just happened that the night I broke up with James a ship crashed into the city and in it was holding my future boyfriend." Kara explained.

"Wow an actual official boyfriend. Tell me more." Killer Frost said excited.

With a sigh Kara explained, "His name was Mon El. He was an alien like me that came from the same solar system that Krypton was on. He was cute I have to admit. When the D.E.O and I decided to let Mon El leave the D.E.O, I was left in charge of caring for him. I helped to get him a job, a wardrobe, and basically helped him establish his life."